Solution Mgr, Retail & Wholesale Operations Region Americas
Department: VFS, Digital Solutions & IT
Direct reports: Yes
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, Sunwin Bus and Volvo Penta.
With Volvo Financial Services (VFS) you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other, we embrace change to stay ahead and we make our customers win.
Digital Solutions and IT is the engine of the VFS business and we work towards being the best captive in the industry by delivering the remarkable customer experience. In this exciting environment, we are focused on driving digital transformation of the business to deliver customer value, increase speed and efficiency, and improve productivity. Our three Global Solution and Services team, each focusing on a different region (Americas, EMEA and APAC), however works as one team in one direction managing the needs of today’s business with the vision for the future. The Solution and Services team manages demand, project, services and solutions with regional focus leveraging multi-speed operating model thereby driving innovation at faster pace and enterprise scale. The solution portfolio team is organized around our core business domains – Originations; Retail and Wholesale Operations; BI, Finance and Capital Markets.
We are now looking for a Retail and Wholesale Operations Solution Manager for Region Americas
In this role, you will be responsible for managing solution lifecycle from inception to implementation with a target to reduce complexity and aim best-in-class efficiency and effectiveness of new solutions. You will provide leadership for the strategic development of Retail and Wholesale Operations solutions portfolio in full alignment with VFS Region Americas priorities.
The location is in Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Champion and drive the business technology transformation roadmap for your solution portfolio in support of the VFS strategic objectives and ensure its execution via business strategy and plans.
- Own the regional business Retail and Wholesale operations solution portfolio and relationships with VFS business users, vendors and suppliers, Volvo shared services including Group IT.
- Ensure clear and effective communication through all channels between different global, regional and market stakeholders for your portfolio
- Be responsible for building high performing, technically savvy agile teams with the right skills and capabilities.
- Provide solution leadership to business and IT teams, and creates an environment where individuals can develop themselves and excel. Develops a strong talent pipeline and succession plans.
- Work with business product owner to define business case justifications and manage cost/benefit analysis for new solutions
- Be responsible for solution identification and standardization through requirements, design and development life-cycle across all markets in Region Americas
- Approve the release plan for the solution portfolio in line with business priorities
- Effectively manage the execution of the solution development from inception to production leveraging Agile Scrum methodology
- Be responsible for implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment pipeline with DevOps practices to drive efficiency, agility and quality.
- Optimize solution portfolio by promoting common solutions and drive the solution standardization through reusable target solutions with well-defined decommission plan
- Lead and facilitate cross-functional teams in the development of end-to-end operational designs (people, process, technology and information) capable of achieving strategic objectives through the solution development lifecycle
- Define Service Level expectations in line with business needs and lead dialogue on Service Level Agreements (SLA) for runtime management
- Be responsible for managing solution portfolio total cost of ownership (TCO) and implement continuous improvement opportunities to reduce costs and increase automation.
- Minimize the deviation of the application portfolio from the appointed solution catalogue and to develop and follow-up migration plans
- Ensure all capabilities of Retail and Wholesale Operations solutions are properly integrated into the surrounding business and information platforms
- Align processes and solutions to enterprise architecture and information security reference architecture, information model and master data management principles
- Collaborate with Technology and Business Office, Digital Innovation and Global Platforms for developing digital capabilities in your solution portfolio that will be needed by business to survive and thrive.
- Ensure that all systems and information are in strict compliance with local laws, regulations and customer expectations.
- Govern training and communication initiatives, monitor solution performance and be responsible for customer success in solution adoption
In order to be successful in this new role, you provide:
- At least 5-7 years of progressive management experience with expertise in business solution management and direct responsibility for a team
- Must have broad exposure to all phases of software development lifecycle within a variety of technologies and applications
- Profound understanding of the Retail and Wholesale Operations portfolios and related processes
- Proven expertise and success in delivery of enterprise class systems within captive or finance industry
- Strong experience working in an international and multicultural environment; Ability to lead, drive engagement and empowerment, and recognize success
- Highly target-driven, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility with “outside-the-box” strategic thinking and strategy development skills
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience building and leading high performance, self-organized agile scrum teams with change agent mindset
- In-depth knowledge of project execution and software development methodologies. Knowledge of budgeting and expense forecasting with expertise in management of outsourced or managed services
- Good analytical and planning skills and proven capacity to execute against targets
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills : able to work, network, delegate and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Communication and presentation skills at the highest level
- Advanced level of English is required. Spanish or Portuguese is preferred,
- University degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, advanced Business Management
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify