Manager, Real Estate
The role is to perform the RES’s scope of supply, Property Management and Facility Management, in a way that support both the demands from AB Volvo, the RES Operation Plan, strategy and concept, the needs from the TD/BA’s as well as existing legal requirements.
Scope and influence
Manage, control, develop and improve the total property- and facility management services at site level, including costs, through close co-operation with receivers/customer and suppliers.
Maintain and preserve the value of Volvo’s properties/facilities at site level, including costs, through close co-operation with receivers/customer and suppliers.
Secure that projects, activities and tasks are completed according to RE Property- and Facility Management strategy and concept whilst, at the same time meeting the needs from receivers/customers.
Scope of responsibility is defined in the RE matrix/criteria’s, e.g. it could be a large country or a major Volvo Group site or several small/medium countries.
- Lead and develop the area for Real Estate’s delivery
- Personnel responsibility for the employees in the area
- Proactively work with the receivers and stimulate an effective teamwork that drives the total property costs of the Volvo group down
- Lead the work within the area in a process oriented way in line with the Volvo Group’s processes
- Responsible for the budget within area of responsibility
- Responsible for area finance including budgets and follow-up for income, costs and projects
- Manage Specifications and negotiations of contracts for maintenance, consultants and services in cooperation with Volvo’s Purchasing Function
- Monitor supplier performance
- Participate in relevant forums with receivers and suppliers
- Participate in cross Division/Real Estate Services forums
- Communicate on a high level to all levels within the Volvo Group
- Implement Volvo Group and Real Estate Policies, Guidelines, Procedures and Decisions
- Responsible for investments and divestments
- Responsible for the execution of Property- and Administrative projects
- Responsible for Site Master Plan execution
- Inspire and motivate personnel in line with Volvo Way
- Direct a team, as well as determine team structure and rules together with superior manager
- Ensure that all activities undertaken are focussed on cost efficiencies, adding value and aligned with the RE Financial Business Plan and Operational Plan.
- Provide input to the Global Function/SME Networks regarding developments and opportunities with new technologies, quality, new products or services and other beneficial information.
- Identify receiver needs & changes in demand; giving advice & developing proposals on real
- Manage Real Estate performance using defined KPIs.
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- BSc in Engineering or Business Administration or similar
- Appropriate licenses where applicable
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in real estate and facility management
- Thorough knowledge in financial control
- Proven leadership skills
- Fluent in English both spoken and written
Volvo Group Finance contributes to realizing the vision of the Volvo Group by developing and providing a wide range of expert services from financial planning to accounting, business controlling, M&As, real estate services, financial reporting and investor relations. With Volvo Group Finance you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.