We are currently seeking an experienced candidate to perform Remarketing Refurbishment and Wash Pad for the Remarketing Department of Volvo Construction Equipment machinery and/or related equipment. The candidate must be capable of providing quality repairs on gas and diesel engines in both the shop and field environments.
Attendant will demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools, perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and co-workers
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
All employees are responsible for the quality of their work. All employees are expected to take corrective action to contain or resolve situations that would compromise customer satisfaction. In addition, this position is accountable for the following:
- Perform mechanical repairs and service on the full line of products represented by VCES
- Service and repair work for this position will only be performed in the shop
- Has good knowledge of all equipment systems, including but not limited to hydraulic, air, electrical and lubrication.
- Ability to work on or around heavy construction equipment, which requires climbing and accessing hard to reach areas
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must possess a set of tools sufficient to perform the job as required
- Consistent follow through on all job facets, including parts ordering and retrieval, customer follow-up, etc.
- Possesses a valid drivers license and a clean driving record
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction
- Willingly accepts responsibility and is flexible to any assignment
- Willingly works over time when needed to complete an assigned task
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Prior experience in the construction industry preferred
- Background with hydraulics and diesel engines preferred
- Full understanding of OSHA and applicable safety regulations.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations pertaining to job sites and locations
Physical Requirements (e.g. mobility):
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing and occasional stooping, bending, crouching and overhead reaching; and may occasionally need to climb stairs and use a small step ladder.
- Requires occasional lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, over 50lbs; and may frequently lifting, pulling, caring, or pushing objects or materials, up to 25lbs.
- May occasionally work around loud, noisy and dusty equipment and environment.
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers.
- Must be able to safely and properly handle, pneumatic and electric tools.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
We Participate in E-verify