Lead Geometrical Architect
The role of Lead Geometrical Architect is to deliver quality secured geometry towards the projects within the timeframe. The role brings complete vehicle knowledge and help project to deliver optimized and standardized architecture by balancing customer needs.
- Lead Geometrical Architect takes the lead in cross commodity geometrical activities to fulfil the project QDCF requirements, to solve packaging / geometry issues between different commodities. This include tolerances, weight, main dimensions and bodybuilder suitability
- Set up the cross functional packaging organization and Packaging Issue Log (PIL)
- Propose solutions for complete offer scenario / packaging.
- Analyze and propose common solutions that can support all brands in order to minimize part numbers and maximize common parts.
- Interface with and other Engineering commodities (ex. Cab, Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain), also from a complete vehicle perspective. Also interface with Routing leader and support to define various media routing like electrical, pneumatic, Fuel etc.
- Give input regarding geometrical impacts to stakeholders (Manufacturing, Aftermarket (AM)
- Build geometry verification plan (virtual builds, physical builds B/C, DMU structure)
- Show progress and status for all geometry related activities
- Identify A-interface impacts and balance project geometrical requirements with platform requirements according to A-interface process, in collaboration with the area leader
- Drive Digital Mock up (DMU structure) deliveries according to DMU logic.
- BE or above in Mechanical or Automobile, with min 10 years of Experience in automotive domain in the area of Vehicle integration and packaging
- Very good experience in CAD, Creo 3.0 and other related modules
- CATIA V5 R27 skills will be an added advantage
- Virtual development and simulation
- Complete vehicle and truck application knowledge
- Technical Leader skills, Cross-functional and team work skills, Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Effective communication, Ownership and accountability, Flexibility, adaptability to change
The Lead Geometrical Architect will report to the Group Manager-Vehicle Architecture. He/She has an area responsibility for a given project and will support and ensure deliveries from the geometrical architects assigned to the projects.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
UD Trucks is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.