Engine Aftertreatment System Functional dvpt apprentice (Bac+5) H/F
To be able to answer to your friends asking you – what do you do on Fridays to save our earth?
: “I’m working on it each and every single day at Volvo
Without the products and services of the Volvo Group there can be no modern society like we know it. Like a blood flow, our trucks, buses, engines and construction equipment are involved in many of the functions that most of us rely on every day.
We need then to act now and secure that their emissions and consumption will continue to decline over years in order to limit the environment impact.
As well, because Volvo group is a great group to grow in, and we love to get on board simple, positive people who have understood that we can work on very serious topics keep smiling. Our worldwide dimension offers a unique chance to work and grow in a truly multicultural environment. Volvo group is a caring organization where you will find a very good team spirit. You will never be alone to solve issues. We are facing problems together and we succeed jointly.
Finally, because we have in front of us very exciting challenges, we are very cautious to attract curious, engaged, responsible and enthusiastic persons. Just as an example, we develop autonomous transport solutions useful for most of the population! Autonomous transport solutions, based on self-driving and connectivity technologies are well-suited for applications where there is a need to move large volumes of goods and material on pre-defined routes, in repetitive flows.
Your tasks, be brave, will be to:
- Work together with a calibration engineer
- perform test cells & vehicle activities to reduce emissions
- Find the best system optimization
- identify improvement thanks to simulation
- get always in mind the final customer and the environment
- capture and share knowledge with other sites, Sweden, USA, India and Brazil
- Propose solution to improve our system and way of working
- Adapt yourself to changes and develop performance continuously
- Cook great breakfast on our Friday morning “FIKA”
Our “perfect” apprentice profile is (because we have to be serious as well):
- Engineer with specialization in internal combustion engine or energetic or mechanical/electronics.
- Daily work with other locations over the world makes English a must
- French is also mandatory to drive test cell operational teams
- Organized, rigorous, synthetic, autonomous and love working as a team
- Brave, curious, optimist and always smiling!
You are the right candidate? So join us to take up those very exciting challenges!
Please apply directly to IFP School who will do first selection and issue a short list of candidates. No direct application to VOLVO HR department will be considered !
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.