Engineering Manager, 11L Product Management
The successful candidate will become the product owner for the 11L VGT Powertrain Platform and will lead a team of highly skilled engineers and project managers to constantly develop these platforms and the associated product streams to lead the industry.
This position requires the individual to lead with minimal direction, assessing alternatives, rationalizing risk and making decisions all while relying on a depth of technical knowledge.
As The 11L VGT Powertrain Product Manager, you will have the responsibility for:
- Leading a team of engineers and project managers who own the product and its application in North America.
- Working closely with the Chief Engineer to define and maintain future product strategies.
- Executing product roadmaps and projects according to the defined strategies and product streams.
- Working closely with the Technology Teams to ensure seamless introductions and that quality is maintained at the highest level.
- Knowing our customers and leading the organization to deliver creative solutions to their needs.
Who are you? Are we a perfect match?
You are a leader with a drive to develop new technologies. You have a passion for heavy-duty powertrains. You collaborate. You demonstrate integrity. You earn trust.
You know our customers and you know how to get things done to meet their needs. You have the grit and determination to drive results.
You inspire those you lead to never be satisfied. You welcome challenge. You never stop learning.
You are characterized by a “can-do” attitude.
Customer Focus: Listen to and talk with our customers and about their needs, desires and challenges
Instills Trust: Trust other teams to do their best and we respect taken decisions.
Courage: Are empowered and have the courage to act.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Admit mistakes, fix them and learn from them.
Innovative: Are innovative and find smart ways to create new solutions and business to achieve best results
Manages Ambiguity: See change and trans-formation as a source of inspiration and energy.
Strategic Mindset: See the big picture and know when to let go of an idea, a project or a plan.
- BS in Engineering is required. Advanced technical degree is preferred.
- 10-12 years of heavy-duty powertrain experience.
- You are a proven leader of people.
- You have a deep knowledge of the products that you will own.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify