President, Region EMEA, Volvo Financial Services
Volvo Financial Services (VFS) is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting Group brands with expert financial services including providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of 1,500 professionals are located in 48 countries worldwide and are experts in the industry who understand Volvo Group products. VFS supports the Volvo Group product range with integrated, competitive financial solutions that meet customer and dealer needs. We create value for Volvo Group customers by providing these solutions and other fee-based products and services. We deliver services to customers through dealers, allowing customers to enjoy the benefits of a convenient, one stop-shop experience.
At VFS, we work to establish teams that maximize the strength inherent in all dimensions of diversity. We believe balanced working teams increase our capacity for creativity, enabling us to find new and innovative approaches to solutions.
Purpose of the Job
The President of VFS EMEA has overall P&L responsibility for the EMEA region, including approximately 800 colleagues. The President of EMEA has ultimate responsibility to maintain and develop relationships with other Volvo Group entities as well as dealers, customers and other business partners. They are a member of the VFS Executive Management Team (EMT) and reports to the President of Volvo Financial Services. The position is located in Gothenburg, Sweden and has approximately 10 direct reports making up the Executive Team of VFS EMEA.
The Ideal Candidate
In this role, you will use your deep experience to lead an organization with a strong interest in people. You are experienced in managing ambiguity and have the ability to make high quality decisions that do not have clear solutions or outcomes. Business and results oriented, with a high drive and ability to see the holistic picture, is a necessity. You have the ability to organize, structure and drive processes. When it comes to being a leader, you have strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of integrity and flexibility. Experience in senior management exposure is a requirement. You have an ability to network effectively across the organization and build enduring relationships functionally and geographically. You are open to the required, extensive domestic and international travel.
- Guides leaders and business processes across 35 countries divided into 4 subregions across EMEA
- Establishes and maintains a strong leadership role to develop and lead a regional team of outstanding professionals and strong leaders
- Oversees all regional management processes required to maintain and to grow a successful and profitable global financial services business
- Accepts responsibility for profit and loss and balance sheet activities in order to achieve goals and objectives
- Participates in the development of VFS global strategies and ensures execution at the Regional level
- Drives the development of a business culture with high ethical standards in line with Volvo Group values, standards, behaviours and principles
- Serves as a change agent in the Volvo Group. This includes managing a “traditional” captive finance company plus introducing new, innovative concepts and services
- Leads execution of establishing local finance companies and/or other solutions in new markets as prioritized by the VFS President per evaluation of the EMT
- Builds a strong, diverse and inclusive workforce across the EMEA region
- Inspires, motivates, and develops people within VFS to deliver on the overall business objectives in VFS and Volvo Group
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred; Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or similar required
- Communication skills with a proven ability to build trustful relationship with all relevant stakeholders externally and internally
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages useful and appreciated
- 15+ years financial services leadership experience in a company of similar size and/or complexity
- 10+ years management experience managing/developing senior level leaders and providing leadership to a large organization
- 10+ years of experience in financial services with a proven track record of achievement in credit, risk, operations, and process improvement with cross-functional management of areas such as finance, accounting, and IT
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze complex financial statements, financial services processes/transactions, and prepare project plans, KPIs and management reports
- Understands the role of a captive company, the commercial vehicle industry, and Volvo Group’s business
- Extensive experience in an international and multi-cultural environment
- Commitment to and experience with building customer focused and process-driven organizations
Demonstrated strong capability for all Volvo Group Leadership Competencies at the Leading Business level that include:
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs. Identifies opportunities that benefit customers. Meets customer demands/expectations while maintaining effective relationships
- Business insight: Knows how businesses work and how to be successful. Keeps up with current and future practices and trends, inside and outside the organization. Uses knowledge of business drivers and how strategies play out in the market to guide future actions
- Ensures accountability: Follows through on commitments and ensures others do the same. Acts with a clear sense of ownership. Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures. Establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results
- Instills trust: Follows through on commitments. Seen as direct and truthful. Keeps confidences. Practices what he/she preaches. Shows consistency with words and actions
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively across the organization to achieve shared objectives. Partners with others to get work done. Credits others for their contributions. Gains trust and support of others
- Builds effective teams: Forms teams with a diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset with a feeling of belonging and strong team morale. Shares wins and rewards team efforts. Fosters open dialogue and collaboration in the team
- Drives engagement: Structures work so it aligns with people’s goals and motivators. Empowers others. Makes each person feel his/her contributions are important. Invites input and shares ownership and visibility. Shows a clear connection between people’s motivators and organizational goals
- Manages ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change. Can decide and act without the total picture. Is calm and productive, even when things are up in the air. Deals well with problems without clear solutions
- Plans and aligns: Sets objectives aligned with broader organizational goals. Breaks objectives into actions. Stages activities with milestones and schedules. Anticipates/adjusts with contingency plans
- Drives results: Has a strong bottom-line orientation. Persists in accomplishing objectives despite setbacks. Has a track record of exceeding goals. Pushes self and helps others achieve result
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.