To control the Parts Department in the most effective and profitable manner by maximizing sales, profit and customer service and reducing costs where appropriate. You will be required to ensure all Inventory KPI’s are met and sustained, in accordance with the Volvo Way.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities:
- To meet all sales KPI’s relating to the Parts operation, in line with set budgets.
- To ensure that appropriate levels of stock health and Service Index KPI’s are maintained within the Dealerpoint.
- To deliver Customer Service Excellence and maintain / develop customer relationships locally.
- Appropriately address any training and development needs identified within the department, to improve Parts Operational Processes.
- Maintain positive relationship activity / communication between Dealerpoint and Retail Sales Centre in order to maximise Customer Satisfaction and profitability
- Ensure Customer/Workshop orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
- Ensure that invoices/credits are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied or returned
- Ensure warranty claim, VCM and special claims are reconciled correctly
- Ensure the accuracy of perpetual inventory stock counts.
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and binned accurately.
- Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and following up of claim statuses
- Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering of goods and receipt.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are labelled and packed properly and all relevant paperwork correctly completed.
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Ensure that direct operating costs are controlled.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager
- Strong inter-personal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication.
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances / priorities.
- Commercial awareness.
- Financial awareness with an understanding of the impact on profitability elements of the sales mix.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and approachable.
- Able to manage conflict in a professional manner, in line with company policy.
- Able to analyse statistical data, draw conclusions and implement actions through delegation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships at all levels including Dealerpoint Managers, colleagues, Regional Peers, customers and suppliers.
- Able to meet deadlines using effective delegation and follow up.
- Team orientated
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
- Transport Industry legislation and Marketplace awareness (including customers and competitors)
- Experience in managing a team
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Training & development
- Discounts on travel, theme parks, cinema tickets, hotels, and many more High St retailers
- Discount for friends and family on Volvo and Renault cars
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.