VP of Marketing
Responsible for planning, organizing, training and managing all marketing functions to achieve the Company objectives of sales, growth and profitability while ensuring the marketing message and position consistent with the strategic direction of the Company.
- Develop and implement a cohesive marketing plan to increase brand awareness and support the organizations strategic plan.
- Evaluate, plan and execute on both existing and potential marketing activities and strategies. Develop benchmark criteria to measure the efficiency and effectiveness of marketing programs.
- Identify and plan differentiated and impactful marketing strategies and materials.
- Work closely with the sales department to align sales and marketing strategies.
- Manage and coach high-performing marketing team.
- Direct, coordinate and prioritize all day-to-day activities of the department in the production and implementation of all marketing programs and communication materials.
- Oversee direct market research, competitor analysis and customer service/satisfaction retention processes and initiatives.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Ensures Accountability: Follows through on commitments and makes sure others do the same; acts with a clear sense of ownership; takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures; establishes clear responsibilities and processes for monitoring work and measuring results.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Strategic Mindset: Anticipates future trends and implications accurately; readily poses future scenarios; articulates credible pictures and visions of possibilities that will create sustainable value; creates connection between vision and action.
- Plans and Aligns: Sets objectives to align with broader organizational goals; breaks down objectives into appropriate initiatives and actions; stages activities with relevant milestones and schedules; anticipates and adjusts effective contingency plans.
- Drives Results: Has a strong bottom line orientation; persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks; pushes self and helps others achieve results.
- Collaborates: Works cooperatively with others across the organization to achieve shared objectives; represents own interests while being fair to others and their areas; partners with others to get work done; credits others for their contributions and accomplishments; gains trust and support of others.
- Instils Trust: Follow s through on commitments, is seen as direct and truthful; keeps confidences; practices what he/she preaches; shows consistency between words and actions.
- Build Effective Teams: Forms teams and appropriate and diverse mix of styles, perspectives, and experience. Establishes common objectives and a shared mindset; creates a feeling of belonging and strong team morale; shares wins and rewards team efforts; fosters open dialogue and collaboration among the team.
- Values Differences: Seems to understand different perspectives and cultures; contributes to a work climate where differences are valued and supported; applies others diverse experiences, styles, backgrounds, and perspectives to get results; is sensitive to cultural norms, expectations, and ways of communicating.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Reflects on activities and impact on others; proactively seeks feedback without being defensive; is open to criticism and talking about shortcomings; admits mistakes and gains insight from experiences; knows strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and limits.
- Communicates Effectively: Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one on one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels.
- Drives Engagement: Structures the work so it aligns with people’s goals and motivators, empowers others.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Manages Ambiguity: Deals comfortably with the uncertainty of change; effectively handles risk; deals constructively with problems that do not have clear solutions or outcomes.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to provide recommendations and draw insights from the analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams, functions, and departments to coordinate effective solutions and deliver timely and accurate results.
- Strong project management skills that meet aggressive deadlines, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and resources effectively.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline; MBA preferred
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, preferably in related industry
- 7+ years of management experience.
- Proven leadership experience carrying out marketing efforts, including planning and implementing strategy.
Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is the leading retailer of used medium and heavy duty trucks in North America, with locations throughout the US and Canada. Since 1950, Arrow has built a solid reputation in the trucking industry by providing high-quality, pre-owned vehicles to customers who want to maximize the value of their purchasing dollars. Arrow Truck Sales, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, a publicly held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden.
We Participate in E-verify