Intern: Engineering-Certification (Fall 2020)
- Assist the team by conducting regulatory investigations for new product offerings
- Collaborate with design and test engineers in the early stages of product development to ensure compliance ready designs
- Support smaller scale process and IT integration projects
- Assist in process gap analysis and lead process improvement projects supporting improved compliance methodologies.
- Interact with regulatory offices inside Volvo Trucks to help homologate North American products in export markets
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements:
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in mechanical or electrical engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Interns are required work 40 hours per week or less and must be enrolled as a full-time student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify