Engineering Manager – System Test
Reports to: Chief Engineer – Electrical, Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity Department (EEVC)
Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic and challenging atmosphere surrounded by highly skilled co-workers? Are you interested in new technologies such as e-mobility, automation and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of our future Mack and Volvo Trucks excite you?
Then this position may be the right one for you.
The Electrical, Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department has the responsibility for development of the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands built in North America. We base our solutions on common architecture and shared technology. We develop and maintain solutions for the North American market in close collaboration with teams around the world.
As System Test Group Manager, you will lead a team focused on verification of system requirements, utilizing and managing system rigs and on-vehicle testing. With your team, you will be ensuring our products have the highest quality before they reach the market.
- Secure that our products are verified according to milestones and agreed targets
- Develop competences, resource and secure project and maintenance activities
- Coach team members for a successful execution of responsibilities
- Develop relevant processes and tools, rigs and test protocols
- Take active part in EEVC management team and development of the department
- Actively support the development of Agile in your team as well as department
- Define and implement competences and personnel strategy, including personal development for team members
- As a manager within EEVC Engineering, you are expected to have a strong business mind-set, be positive and interested in developing people as well as technology
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, or similar, required
- M.S. Degree is preferred
- At least 5-8 years of Product Development experience
- Proven leadership experience.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Customer success: Customer focus, Ensures accountability, business insight
- Performance: Decision quality, plans and aligns, drives results, Strategic mindset
- Trust: Collaborates, Instills trust builds effective teams and has managerial courage
- Change: Action oriented, manages ambiguity and cultivates innovation
- Passion: Values differences, demonstrates self-awareness, communicates effectively and drives engagement
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify