Co-op: Durability and Reliability Test Engineer (Fall 2020)
Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and also support the products in the aftermarket.
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Durability and Reliability Test Group as a Mechanical Engineering Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the Durability and Reliability Test Group within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with test engineers. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to the Durability and Reliability Group Manager
- Design and perform lab simulation tests for structure durability or system functionality verification testing using pneumatics and servo-hydraulics
- Make decisions on types of testing, specifies test procedures, instrumentation and hardware used in the testing of designs. The job function extensively involves selecting appropriate instrumentation and sensors for experimental determination of vehicle vibration, structure element internal stresses and system loading, etc.
- Set-up, collect, and analyze data using an array of data acquisition equipment to support product design.
- Product support through the planning, developing, scheduling and directing of a variety of engineering projects of differing scale and complexity.
- Prepares and estimates program costs for management and maintains costs within established budget.
· Attention to detail: Ensuring Test equipment is set-up properly
· Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
· Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
· Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
· Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
· Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op period.
· Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
· Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
· Strong communication skills
· Customer Focus
· Technical Skills
· Peer Relationships
· Integrity and Trust
· Standing Alone
· Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify