Co-Op: Mechanical Engineering (Fall 2020)
We are currently looking for a student to work with our Suspension, Axles & Steering Installation Group (“SAS Group”) as a Mechanical Engineering Co-op. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining practical experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the transportation solution industry. This position will report to the Suspension, Axles & Steering Installation Group Manager.
- Solid (CAD) modeling generation & revision
- CAD packaging studies
- Part drawing generation and revision
- Engineering documentation support
- Engineering change management
- Design analysis of components and systems
- Problem/ failure investigation and correction
- Engineering prototype build and planning support
- Engineering test planning support
- Note that exact responsibilities and tasks assigned will vary depending on business/ project needs
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a B.S in Mechanical Engineering degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-op positions require the student to be enrolled in an off-campus course in which they receive course credit or academic transcript notation from the university/college for their co-op position
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify