The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, and marine and industrial engines. We also provide complete solutions for financing and service. By developing and delivering products and services under different brands we can address many different customers and market segments.
We are close to 100,000 colleagues. Our industrial footprint includes product development, manufacturing, and assembly plants in more than 20 countries. We sell our products in more than 190 markets. It is our vision to become the world leader in sustainable transport solutions and together we are shaping another future!
At Volvo Penta, we aim to be the most forward thinking and customer-focused supplier of sustainable power solutions. We develop, manufacture, and market world-leading engines, as well as complete power systems for boats and industrial applications. With customers in over 130 countries around the world, we work to build close partnerships by leveraging our industrial and marine engineering expertise to deliver innovative solutions for use on land and at sea.
The internship/co-op role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities for Volvo Penta by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns/co-ops and our full-time professionals work together on projects within their selected organization. The internship allows students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Penta.
The holder of this position has a key role in the Volvo Group | Penta Division and will be responsible for providing support to the Parts & Accessories department. This internship will start in May 2020 and end in August 2020.
- Offload incoming parts and engine shipments from carrier using pallet jack or dolly.
- Verify quantities of goods received and put into appropriate location.
- Pick and package orders as required, load carriers via pallet jack or dolly.
- Provide tracking information to customers.
- Keep warehouse clean and in safe working condition.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management to support Volvo Penta Canada’s goals and objectives.
Method of Performance Evaluation or Supervision for this program:
- Performance feedback from the supervisor. Also, intern will make a presentation on this assignment to the Product Support management team at the end of assignment.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Basic computer skills. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Customer service focus.
- Effective team player, good verbal skills.
- An eagerness to learn, ability to work independently, and readiness for responsibility
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Requires heavy lifting and/or moving.
- Requires frequent walking, standing stooping, kneeling, bending, and crouching.
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Action Oriented
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Applicants must be current students that are scheduled to graduate after May 2020.
- Applicants must be pursuing a BS/BA degree in Business, Management, or Logistics, at an accredited school and have completed a minimum of 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- A history of academic achievement: GPA of 3.0 or higher required.
- Participation in school or extracurricular activities and experience in leadership roles is a plus.
- Intern must provide their own transportation to work.
- Intern must provide their own living accommodations in the local area.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Volvo Group | Penta Division offers international career paths, possibilities to work internationally, strong management team, compensation packages that are over the market, flexible benefit plans and a retirement savings plan.
- Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V this is standard for all job descriptions.
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.