Director Safety Compliance
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our product, service offer and customer mindset. Our employees describe Volvo Penta as a great place to work, built upon respect and commitment. We encourage people to take individual responsibility and offer exciting assignments in a highly innovative environment.
The Safety Compliance department is now searching for new leadership.
Safety is a core value for the Volvo Group and prerequisite for customer success.
The Safety Compliance department has the responsibility globally to drive and coordinate the work with product safety within Volvo Penta. In this work we are active in all stages in the product and service lifecycle: understanding and influencing coming legal demands, participating in development projects and to maintain and secure that our products and services are compliant.
Volvo Penta is active globally in industry associations working with regulations and standards related to our products, and supporting regulators in the development of such. Within regulatory change management we actively follow the development of new regulations in order to support Product Planning with correct information regarding future product requirements and project target values as well as ensuring product/project compliance with applicable legislation over time.
An important part of the responsibility is to handle type approval and product certification of marine products and agreements with classification societies to qualify Volvo Penta as a producer of classified products to the marine industry.
The function is owner of the Core value Safety and is coordinating product liability issues being a member of the Volvo Penta Product Safety Committee.
The Safety Compliance area is transforming with increased use of new technologies. To manage this transformation there is a high need for new competences and resources.
To be successful in this role you need to have an intrinsic passion not only for safety but as important is a passion for people where you will lead and develop the department both in operational activities and more long term strategic initiatives.
You will report to the VP Quality, Environment and Product Compliance and be a part of the Quality, Environment and Product Compliance management team.
- Strategic planning and responsible for Product Safety as a function
- Establish regulatory targets for new projects together with Product Planning
- Establish regulatory requirements for new projects together with Product Development
- Participate in product projects to secure fulfilment of safety related requirements
- Manage type approval certificates for Marine Commercial products both in projects and in production.
- Coordination of product safety liability issues
- Representing Volvo Penta in industry associations and in contacts with regulatory bodies
- Market communication of regulation issues
- Master of Science degree or similar level of education within relevant area
- High leadership skills
- Experience from regulatory work preferably related to product safety
- Experience from new technology areas i.e. electromobility, connectivity and automation
- Since interaction with both external and internal contacts is crucial for achieving results, good networking and communication skills both in terms of reports, presentations and dialogue are of high importance
- A structured and accurate way of working
- Fluent in Swedish and English is a minimum. Other language skills are welcome
For more information, please contact:
Henrik Karlsson, VP Quality, Environment and Product Compliance, +46 765 533764
Hans Elmqvist, Director Quality and Safety Compliance, +46739 025997
Helena Berlin, HR Director GOQ, +46 31 3227217
You are welcome with your application before:
31st January, 2020
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.