Volvo Truck and Bus Centre East Anglia are currently recruiting an experienced Parts Supervisor for our Bury St. Edmunds Dealerpoint.
At Volvo Truck and Bus we believe our employees are our greatest assets to enable us to deliver excellent service to our customers. Our culture promotes training and development to help individuals reach their career goals, positive working relationships between staff and managers where ideas are valued.
To manage the Parts Department in the most effective and profitable manner, maximizing sales, profit, customer service and reducing costs where appropriate. Ensuring all Inventory KPI’s are met and sustained. Effectively motivate and manage in a pro-active and professional manner.
- To meet all sales KPI’s relating to the Parts operation, in line with set budgets.
- To ensure that appropriate levels of stock health and Service Index KPI’s are maintained within the Dealerpoint.
- To deliver Customer Service Excellence and maintain / develop customer relationships locally.
- Agree challenging business and personal objectives with each team member / discuss and review performance results, targets and implement any required improvement actions.
- Appropriately address any training and development needs identified within the department, to improve Parts Operational Processes.
- Maintain positive relationship activity / communication between Dealerpoint and Retail Sales Centre in order to maximise Customer Satisfaction and profitability
- Ensure that direct operating costs are controlled.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Strong inter-personal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication.
- Managing people, developing direct reports
- Customer focused – able to establish and maintain relationships
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances / priorities.
- Commercial awareness.
- Financial awareness with an understanding of the impact on profitability elements of the sales mix.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and approachable.
- Able to manage conflict in a professional manner, in line with company policy.
- Able to analyse statistical data, draw conclusions and implement actions through delegation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships at all levels.
- Able to meet deadlines using effective delegation and follow up.
- Team orientated.
- Good level of secondary education GCSE/O’ Levels
- Proven experience in parts/inventory/stores
- Strong IT literacy (MS Office (particularly Excel) ) and a GDS/Kerridge style dealer system awareness
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Working for a top brand like Volvo gives you stability, good pay rates, excellent training and future progression.
- Competitive Salary - dependant on experience
- 25 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme and Life Assurance
- On-going Volvo training.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Discount Centre
- Plus other benefits including cycle to work scheme, friend and family discount on Volvo & Renault cars
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.