Senior buyer and segment leader EATS
Department: Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing – Powertrain – Combustion
Position: Senior Buyer (Lead Buyer opportunity based on profile)
We are looking for the new segment leader, located either in Gothenburg (Sweden) or Saint Priest (France), for Exhaust After Treatment System (EATS).
You will join a passionate team, creating business value in an open and multicultural, dynamic, on highly innovative products of the powertrain area.
We value team players, with energy and creativity, who are willing to drive the change and strive for the best in order to deliver results, and motivated by challenging situations.
Your main challenges will be to contribute to segment strategies being an active member in the global network of commodity buyers, in order to select the right suppliers, and to continuously secure the best supplier QDCFTSR performance (Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management).
- Develop segment strategy on a complex technology and supply chain
- Be involved in advanced phase activities and contribute to project key decisions
- Build segment strategy & business plan
- Secure supplier selection is done in line with global strategy
- Own the contract roadmaps, arbitrate contract renewal versus extension, plan renewal of framework agreement & warranty clauses
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Connect the regions & align negotiation tactics
- Drive the global network and share knowledge
- Be responsible for the segment strategies in the portfolio, and you shall also ensure that they are maintained and implemented
- Secure that sourcing are in line with the commodity strategy
- Be the purchasing team representative in cross functional committee and secure purchasing voice to be considered
- Contribute to continuous improvement with : benchmark, customer feedback, network animation, market intelligence, best practice sharing
- Connect with Innovative purchasing
- Several years purchasing experience, preferably in automotive
- Business acumen
- Purchasing and negotiation experience
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Master of Science or Business Administration
- Excellent spoken and written English
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must
- You like doing business and you are result oriented, with a proven ability to establish targets and drive results
- You are agile and ready to work in a segment environment where team synchronization is key and interactions with colleagues & stakeholders are multiple
- People believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally, taking the lead in various groups and situations
- The ability to take ownership for your deliverables is a must, being solution oriented and having analytical mind-set
- We will offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills further
- We strive to be a multicultural organization. We welcome applicants which can even further increase our diversity.
Location: mainly Europe
The Volvo Group aims at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people. Volvo Group Purchasing provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products & services with the right quality output that add real business value for our customers. We are a global division with approximately 1,300 professionals world-wide providing expertise to secure Purchasing Excellence for Customer Success. Volvo Group Purchasing has 120 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend, 2,550 suppliers in serial production, and 1,9 billion parts delivered to the Group Truck plants annually. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and responsible sourcing to the purchasing processes.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!