Volvo Group IT Graduate Program - Data Scientist Brussels (Belgium)
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions.
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
With Volvo Financial Services you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals to provide expert financial services and solutions to customers and dealers in support of the Volvo Group’s sales. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Digital Solutions and IT is the engine of the Volvo Financial Services business and we continue on our strategic journey to further improve performance and to deliver the best customer experience in the industry. We are focused on Digital Innovation to meet the demands of an increasingly digitalized world and we develop Global Platforms to enable Financial Services expansion. We explore Data Opportunities and engage Cyber security.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a versatile data scientist you will support the business of VFS by generating insights and knowledge out of a wide range of data as e.g. vehicle, financial, customer, telematics and repair data. You will help to curate and analyse novel data-sets, implement research ideas, build visualisation tools, and test and maintain models in production. So, you will be dealing with:
- Working directly on machine learning based products with experts
- Translating analytical findings and insights into the language of decision makers
- Prepare predictive models and data analyses which support managers and business to make right decisions
- Providing expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of the data when required.
- Exploring the latest innovations in predictive analytics and visualization techniques
- Developing, structuring, maintaining and extracting knowledge from internal and external data sets.
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent (graduated in 2018, 2019 or 2020)
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation - first experience in a professional data analytical environment is a plus
- Solid English skills
- Experience with SQL, relational database programming and with visualization tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, Shiny(Rstudio)) as a plus
- Knowledge of statistical modelling and machine learning
- Ability to build end-to-end applications based on predictive models in a business environment
- Programming skills in one or more of the following: Python, R, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, Scala, SAS, SPSS or/and Spark, and their associated machine learning frameworks
ARE WE A MATCH?
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Target-oriented attitude with a strong drive for results
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Transparent, has respect for the individual and values diversity
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
LET'S DO THIS!
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society. Will you join us?
For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
- Cover letter
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
- W04 – W08: CV screening
- W08 – W09: Feedback + Sonru Videos (Video interviews)
- W10 – W11: Feedback + Invitations Selection Day
- W12: Selection Day in Ghent on the 16th of March 2020
- W12 – W13: Feedback + Online testing
- W14 – W16: Interviews with hiring managers
- Final decision: Feedback to all candidates left in the process
Our recruitment process contains several steps. Please note we will eliminate candidates during the process.
We will invite top 5 candidates per position for the selection day after evaluating the Sonru Videos.
Keep in mind to block your agendas in advance.
Hiring manager: Johan Bruynseels
HRBP: Elke Calewaert
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.