Volvo Group IT Graduate Program - Data scientist (Ghent - Belgium)
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
With over 150 dedicated and highly skilled IT professionals located in Ghent, Group IT Belgium supports its internal customers within the Volvo Group to be best in class our business. We are constantly looking for passionate and skilled IT professionals to support both our truck assembly factory and our distribution center. Volvo Group IT Belgium is fully integrated in the global Group IT organization by globally supporting and developing solutions. How? By offering infrastructure, application delivery and data to facilitate strategical decisions.
We are Center of Excellence in Business Intelligence and Analytics. We support our customers by leveraging their data assets, we enable new data insights through cutting edge technology and enterprise architecture. Your assignment will take place at one of our main customers: the Truck Monitoring Center, which monitors in real-time our Volvo trucks that are on the roads. This area stands for a creative development hub of connected services related to Remote Diagnostics and Big Data analytics, close to the end-customer. Perceived as a small start-up within the Service & Customer Quality area, they nurture empowerment and enthusiasm as key ingredients for success. If you're looking for a work environment where entrepreneurship, fun and engagement are truly valued, then we advise to read on!
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be part of the Center of Excellence organization in Gent, more specifically, the BI & Analytics team which is part of the global BI & Analytics organization.
Our organization is responsible for delivering the knowledge, skills, platforms, the tools & methods and last but not least, the data to facilitate business intelligence and advanced analytics for our Volvo Group customers. We support local and global customers in their journey to leverage their data-assets.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You are part of the Center of Excellence – BI & Analytics team in Gent, you will work for our local customer = the Truck Monitoring department, which delivers higher vehicle Uptime to Volvo Trucks customers through our remote diagnostics service. The service offer is based on the latest digital, wireless communication technologies.
- You take full responsibility for all steps of an analytics assignment, from data & business value exploration, data structuring, modeling, problem solving and consulting and recommendation.
- You Maintain and optimize current algorithms and data models, and actively find new solutions to approach big data in relation to fault code patterns and preventative component failures.
- You work and experiment with state-of-the-art data processing and machine learning technologies and work in collaboration with other scientists and engineers across the Group to design and build creative solutions to challenging data problems.
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- You have a M.Sc. degree in Mathematics, Computing Science or Statistics. (graduated in 2018, 2019 or 2020)
- First experience/basic skills with Machine Learning is a plus
- Knowledge in following tools & languages is a plus: R, Python, SPSS, SQL, Jupyter, Qlik/Tableau, Git/GitHub, PowerBI, Microsoft Azure, Databricks
- You have strong problem solving skills
- You have a great interest in automotive technologies and connected services
- You have good collaboration, communication and facilitation skills
- You are an enthusiastic team player with a can-do, start-up mentality
- You have a natural feel for continuous learning and personal involvement
- Taking initiative is part of your personality
LET'S DO THIS!
Will you join us?
For consideration, include the following at time of submission:
- Cover Letter
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
Recruitment process & Timing (Belgium):
- W04 – W08: CV screening
- W08 – W09: Feedback + Sonru Videos (Video interviews)
- W10 – W11: Feedback + Invitations Selection Day
- W12: Selection Day in Ghent on the 16th of March 2020
- W12 – W13: Feedback + Online testing
- W14 – W16: Interviews with hiring managers
- Final decision: Feedback to all candidates left in the process
Our recruitment process contains several steps. Please note we will eliminate candidates during the process.
We will invite top 5 candidates per position for the selection day after evaluating the Sonru Videos.
Keep in mind to block your agendas in advance.
Hiring manager: Stijn Maheur
HRBP: Jelle Muylaert
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.