Product Structure Specialist
We are looking for a Product Structure Specialist!
Product Structure is part of Project & Maintenance organization within Vehicle Engineering in UDTT and has the responsibility to secure the quality of the product documentation.
The product documentation is a framework where the parts diversity, drawings, CAD models are documented, under releases and processes following the KOLA logic.
KOLA is the Volvo`s PDM (Product Data Management) system used by engineering departments to deliver and document the complete technical solutions.
We are strengthening our team and we are looking for a key player who can drive Product Structure activities for all UD Truck Project’s.
The role of Product Structure Specialist requires a very strong focus & drive to maintain the quality of project documentation by keeping customer focus in mind.
Product Structure Specialist works closely together with Engineers, Project Managers, Product Structure representatives from on other sites and stakeholders’ representatives (Powertrain Engineering, Manufacturing, Sales, Aftermarket…) in order to publish the right vehicle specification to the customers, and secure the correct bill of material to manufacturing assembly plants.
About the role:
- Participate, develop, maintain and communicate a common way of working concerning a clear and easy understandable Item to Variant Structure and to put demands on the systems used within Vehicle Engineering.
- Provide knowledge, expertise and guidance to engineering departments on how to document Items and how to build up a correct Item to Variant Structure into KOLA.
- Handle and approve DCNs (Design Change Note) into KOLA according to agreed Projects portfolio.
- Monitor and follow the quality of product documentation.
- Follow the release process, Process Instructions, GDIs and Standards.
- Participates in global forums and decides on changes in the PDM logic.
- When appointed as Article Structure Forum (AS Forum) Site Representative, act according to AS Forum directive.
- Handle helpdesk questions when it comes to the release process in KOLA.
- Give input and participate in projects. Give feedback and consequences when e.g. projects introduction dates changes, prerequisite for project changes etc.
- Sign-off for Projects (Roll out – confirmed from Platform)
- Perform KPI measurements.
About us, your new colleagues:
Here you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals.
We believe in Trust - We respect and trust each other.
Passion - We have passion for what we do.
Change - We change to stay ahead.
Performance - We are profitable and can shape our future.
Customer success - We make our customers win!
Our work climate is open and supportive, and we put much emphasis on a good work environment and collaboration both within departments as well as cross-functionally.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skill:
- BSc or MSc in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experienced in product development of truck or automotive industry.
- Experienced in PDM/KOLA logic.
- Knowledge for design releases required.
- Ability to communicate clearly despite language differences.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Japanese language skills are a merit.
- General Product knowledge and a good Item to Variant structure knowledge is must.
- High level of vehicle & application knowledge is must.
- Energy and commitment to handle new challenges.
- Abilities to set priorities and take decisions.
- Customer focus.
Key attributes and behavioral competencies:
- You are positive, flexible and a great team player.
- You have a passion for innovation and product development.
- You are eager to learn and improve yourself, our products and our way of working
- Achieves Results: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results.
- Dependable: Completes work in a timely manner; Meet commitments with minimal oversight; Meets commitments with others; Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- You are self-motivated with action oriented mind set.
Are we the perfect match?
You will have big impact on to what extent UD trucks will be successful in the on-going technology shift, both in terms of the functionality of the products and how we develop these products. You will work in an environment with very good developmental opportunities.
Welcome with your application!
UD Trucks and JVs is an international commercial vehicle solutions provider based and headquartered in Japan. UD Trucks and JVs develop, produce and sell a wide range of heavy, medium and light-duty vehicles, supporting smart logistics solutions across 60 countries. Our trucks go the extra distance, giving our customers extra fuel mileage and uptime.
Our 8,000 smart, modern and diversified colleagues work with passion, trust and change to stay ahead for performance. We will always go the extra mile for our customers and business partners.