Volvo Group IT Graduate Program – Process & IT Project Manager
The IT Graduate Development Program is an entry-level program designed to provide recent college graduates with an opportunity to work in challenging environments while learning how our organization provides complete transport solutions. Applicants must have successfully completed degree in 2018, 2019, or no later than June 2020.
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
Project Management Practice is an internal consulting organization, CoE (Center of Excellence), within Volvo Group IT. We consist of approximately 250 Project Managers in different locations around the world and the main responsibilities are to deliver Project Management skills and support to the whole Volvo Group. We are big believers in that people are our asset, therefore, as a part of our team we will together plan for your continuous and professional development and you will find plenty of training and assignment opportunities within Volvo Group. Furthermore, with our assessment process we make sure that your competence and experience is visible.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
In Sweden, we are approximately 100 junior and senior Project Managers located in Gothenburg and Skövde. We manage projects in all processes and functions of the Volvo Group. There are 5 teams where of one in Skövde with main focus on production and 4 teams in Gothenburg with focus on development, sales and Business administration projects.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role will be to support an ongoing project as co-pilot to the Project manager. You will be doing all the tasks within project management supervised and supported by the responsible Project manager.
You will learn and work according to appointed steering methods for Volvo Group. (Agile, PMP etc.)
Example of tasks that would be expected from you:
- Manage project meetings
- Planning project deliveries and milestones
- Securing and planning of project resources
- Financial follow up of project cost and resources
- Prepare reports and documentation for project overall communication
- Communication to stakeholders inside and outside of the project team
WHO ARE YOU?
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation
- Solid English skills
- Valid work permit for the country to which you apply
- Have ambition aiming towards the project manager profession.
- You should have a passion for leadership
ARE WE A MATCH?
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
- Transparent and has respect for the individual
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Admits mistakes and learns from them
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
Union representatives for Swedish applicants:
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Ledarna – Peter Svensson, +46 739 022687
Akademikerna – Annette Persson, +46 500 788002
Unionen – Mikael Johansson, +46 31 3223430
Ledarna – Raimo Särkijärvi, +46 500 788062
Are you recognizing yourself in our description? We would love to meet you! Send in your application and take your next step in your career with us.