Volvo Group IT Graduate Program – Front-end/UX Developer
Imagine yourself working with the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
Imagine yourself working with IT in a company that really believes that people are its driving force, fostering a culture of energy, passion and respect for the individual.
Imagine yourself working for the Volvo Group, a global leader in sustainable transport solutions. A place where your voice is heard and your ideas matter. Together we move the world.
So what do we do at Volvo Group IT? For us, AI & Machine Learning, IoT, Cloud, Mobility, UX, cyber security, advanced analytics and other IT areas are top priority bringing Volvo Group into the future. Will you join us?
During 12 intense and exciting months, starting September 2020 you will be given a unique opportunity to gain a holistic view of the Volvo Group and the IT community. It will be kick-start to your career through different assignments or parts of the organization, networking, and professional and personal development. Upon completion of the program, you will continue to work in the position you were recruited in, either in the same delivery or in another assignment. You will have a permanent position from day one, with a manager and mentor to support you. You will work on real projects, side by side with colleagues across the globe. In parallel, you and your fellow graduate program participants will take part in common learning modules designed to help you grow your network, develop as a person and prepare you for your future career in the Volvo Group.
We are a department within Volvo Group IT, in the Aftermarket Diagnostics area serving all Volvo Group brands with multiple services around the world. Aftermarket services are critical to ensure a premium customer experience and guarantee long-term customer loyalty.
The department is based in Gothenburg and Curitiba and we have a strong focus on new development in order to provide our end customers with the latest technology. Our main stakeholders are Volvo Trucks (VT) and Volvo Group Technologies (GTT) which is the R&D part of Volvo. Working with GTT and VT gives an exposure and network across all brands.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will work in a cross-functional team based in Gothenburg focusing on front-end/UX development. The team is developing the next generation Diagnostic Service Platform which is a key enabler for reinventing our digital experience in the Volvo Aftermarket world. The team is working agile in the true sense and is part of an agile release train where multiple teams work together in order to deliver new functionalities every 10 weeks. Being a developer in our department gives you exposure and responsibilities that goes beyond the backlog.
YOUR MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a part of our team you will:
- Dive deep into one or more of our tools to understand and translate user behavior and research into actionable feature
- Create concepts, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Design and develop cross-platform front-end components
- Work closely with your fellow developers to innovate by designing coherent, seamless, and intuitive state-of-the-art user experiences for our customers
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Work closely with our stakeholders in translating a user story into a reality
- Collaborate with back-end developers and UX designers to improve usability of our tools
- Work with:
- Polymer/Web Component techniques
- Testing framework like Selenium/Robot/Mocha/Chai/WCT (Web Component Tester)
To be successful in this role you will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A BSc or MSc in Engineering science, Computer science, Business Administration or equivalent
- A passion for IT
- Maximum two years previous working experience prior to, or after graduation
- Solid English skills
- Valid work permit for the country to which you apply
- Interested in front end development and willing to develop full stack skills
- Driven and engaged
Candidates should possess the following critical competencies and characteristics:
- Communicative team player with the ambition to develop both yourself and the business
- Curious, willing to learn, and have a continuous improvement mindset
- Seeks to understand customer needs and delivers results for success.
- Collaborates easily and creates excellent results through teamwork
- Transparent and has respect for the individual
- Values diversity and its effect on strengthening the team
- Admits mistakes and learns from them
- Desire to achieve the best results through innovative solutions
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Attitude for self-development and a holistic view
Akademikerna – Therese Koggdal, +46 470 387855
Unionen - Jonas Ljungdahl, +46 31 3224985
Ledarna – Peter Svensson, +46 739 022687
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.