CAE & Virtual Development Specialist
GTT Process and IT provides processes, methods and IT-solutions for GTT.
We are also responsible for managing IT-solutions that are supporting the DVP (Develop Products) process in other truck divisions and business areas.
GTT P&IT Support Products & Projects function organizes and manages Regional Centre’s and Sites for Local Process Management, Implementation and Change within DVP, including Site Coordination and Test, Lab, CAE and RnD support
To meet the objectives and in order to drive changes and improvements in a consistent way we are looking for a CAE & Virtual Development specialist to join our team on this exciting journey.
Imagine yourself working with some of the sharpest and most creative brains in the transport and infrastructure industry, developing cutting-edge technologies and sustainable transport solutions that will change the future of society.
You will play an important part in enabling our R&D organization to evolve in the virtual development activities. Your main focus will be to enable simulation driven product development by identifying and leading initiatives to maximize simulation efficiency and productivity.
In order to be successful in this position you need to have experience from product development, as well as technical competence in simulations, testing, methods and CAE tools and applications.
You are driven to deliver according to set targets and agreed time frames and have good ability to work both in project teams as well as individually.
- Continuously refine and improve virtual development context in DVP
- Supporting/initiating several strategic projects with stakeholders in Volvo Group
- Leading pre-studies and projects in the simulation area – e.g. driven by CO2 reductions, new innovations, benchmarks, method development, feature evaluation virtual vs testing activities etc.
- Support CAE strategy together with portfolio manager and solutions leaders for the CAE simulation area.
- Work with a wide variety of stakeholders to define the potential and business needs in terms of CAE solutions, supporting the engineering departments in GTT
- Facilitate break down of our business targets into requirements on the solution portfolio and virtual development targets
- Change management skills
- General Virtual Technology watch
- Collaborate within an international team of engineers throughout Europe, America and Asia
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
- This role requires a Master University degree or Ph.D. in mechanical engineering or related area
- A proven track record in CAE/virtual development strategy
- Good understanding and working experience of simulation and testing approaches, industry standards and industry best practices for simulations vs testing activities.
- Curiosity and a strong ability to learn new technologies
- Positive energy with a drive to motivate oneself and others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Mohammad El-Alti GTT Process & IT, Phone +46 73 902 60 89
Jenny Hedström, HR Phone +46 31 322 20 31
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.