Senior Software Developer
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Work within project team ) that delivers a high quality product in an Agile delivery environment (SCRUM)
- Conduct impact analysis and create estimates
- Develop software/system designs of Telematics solutions of medium complexity
- Contribute to complex integrated designs for the Telematrics platform
- Interact with customers and development team to gather and define requirements
- Analyze user stories for validity and feasibility
- Develop & recommend technical alternatives for small to medium complexity business and/or technical problems or roadmaps.
- Contribute to technical alternatives for complex business problems and roadmaps.
- Participate in unit test case development
- Develop complex test scripts.
- Execute all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression)
- Provide functional/system integration testing support.
- Perform Quality Assurance coding and design review; defects or discrepancies in requirements identified and resolved with appropriate partners and stakeholders.
- Plans work out appropriately, proactively escalates issues that may impact scope, schedule, budget.
- Develop production support documentation.
- Participates in the development of Build and Deployment guide and script.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- Identify and contribute to the optimization and continuous improvement of group’s Way of Working.
- Mentor new developers and junior developers.
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with design and development of Telematics solutions
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Experience with microservices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive knowledge of Telematics business function(s) and of business operations.
- Extensive knowledge of design and development tools.
- Extensive knowledge of architectures and technical standards.
- Expertise in multiple programming languages and tools.
- Proficiency in new and emerging technologies.
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ideally 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years of Telematics experience.
- 3+ years of systems/software analysis and design experience is a plus.
- 2+ years delivering solutions as a member of an Agile team is a plus.
- REACT, AWS and SQL programming experience is a plus.
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
Connected Solutions is a global organization within Volvo Group focused on creating the services of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing telematics data from 1,000,000 Volvo assets. This way we can forecast the future and help customers succeed, while increasing the safety, quality and sustainability of Volvo Group products.
Consumer Services is the function within Connected Solutions that is responsible for the end user services, from idea to development and operation. We work in tight collaboration with the Volvo Group Business Areas and customers. We drive and manage the performance of the services and the business areas portfolios over the life cycle. Together with our stakeholders we create value through fantastic user experience and business enhancing services and products.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We Participate in E-verify