System Support Specialist – Intermediate
- Functions as Single Point of Contact to support all VITNA customers and internal employees in using the applications and infrastructure provided by Volvo IT or Volvo Partners
- Ensure that all problems and requests are logged and tracked in the Case Management system correctly and accurately
- Resolves incidents, escalates where necessary and follows up on open cases
- Troubleshoot technical issues using personal skills, knowledge base, vendor literature and communication with team members
- Participates in new application rollouts to test and learn applications.
- Provide feedback to development teams, BAS, and Netcom on how applications and infrastructure provided by Volvo can be improved
- Work with the other Agents to exceed the Local and Global KPI requirements that are assigned by management.
- Develops detailed documentation and procedures to be added to Knowledgebase system
- Performs administrative functions for Service Desk such as surveys, incident reports, software distribution, etc.
- Participate in regional and global projects
- Other duties as assigned by Delivery Manager
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and networking principles
- Desire to learn and be part of a team
- Strong analytical ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong troubleshooting and follow-through capabilities
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ideally 1 to 4 years of relevant work experience
- Data processing experience.
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify