The Purchasing function has a huge impact on Volvo Penta performance. Therefore we are looking for a good leader and purchasing professional to lead one of the global purchasing teams at Volvo Penta. The team has global strategic lead for the segments Engines, Systems and Electronics. We want you to have a strong commercial ability, proven leadership skills, technical understanding and a strong will to deliver results.
The Director Purchasing reports to the Vice President Purchasing and will be part of the Purchasing management team.
As Director Purchasing you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Manage a team of buyers, Senior Buyers and Segment managers. Further develop the people and the team to bring the best out of each individual and ensure Volvo Penta Purchasing is a good workplace
- Strategic sourcing and Supplier Management. Maintaining and improving existing supplier relations as well as developing the future strategies together with the Segment managers. Be a strong contributor to maintain/improve Volvo Penta profitability
- QDCF-TSR. Find or develop suppliers to match the Volvo Penta purchasing strategy. Manage quality, capacity and cost both short term and long term. Also strive to find suppliers that can match the requirements on technology and features as well as sustainability and risk.
- Member of the Purchasing Management Team. The Management Team develops the strategic work for Volvo Penta Purchasing and has the mission to ensure that Volvo Penta has the best possible supplier base
To qualify for this role, we want you to have experience from:
- Global Purchasing. You are an experienced Purchasing professional
- Leading negotiations. You have a strong negotiating ability. You enjoy negotiating and always strive to reach the best possible agreement
- Leadership. You have experience from leading teams. You have a positive spirit, a holistic view and believe in developing your team
- Collaboration and networking. You have excellent relationship- and interpersonal skills and realize the importance of building relationships both internally and with our suppliers
- Decision making. You gather necessary information before deciding and are comfortable to manage tough decisions with integrity when required
- Technology. Interest and competence to understand technical requirements as well as technical capability of suppliers
- Mindset. We are looking for someone that wants to convert the impossible to possible and that wants to be an active player in the process of building a stronger Volvo Penta Purchasing
- We believe you have a University degree as the basis for your career. You are fluent in English and preferably also Swedish.
- In making this recruitment, we will pay attention to matching your profile to team culture, experience, gender and spirit.
We will start interviewing immediately and will close the recruitment as soon as possible.
For further information, please contact:
Hiring Manager: Helena Lennerstedt, Vice President Purchasing, +46 739 02 91 49
HR contact: Anna Thorén +46 765 53 53 53
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.