Business Analyst, Back Order Recovery
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Mission/Purpose of the Position
The Business Analyst, Back Order Recovery (BOR) position is part of the Supply Planning & Dealer Inventory Management (SP/DIM) organization within SML NA. The SP/DIM organization is responsible for parts availability, back order recovery, delivery precision and inventory.
The Business Analyst BOR is a member of the BOR Team working to improve BOR North America Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Performance Indicators (PI’s) by performing reporting, analysis and proposal actions for Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment, and Volvo Penta. This position will also be part of, and be responsible for, key activities/projects to further develop BOR operations in North America. The Business Analyst, BOR will monitor and analyze the BOR KPI’s and PI’s, as well as having the opportunity to develop methods and processes for improving and innovating the planning process, reports and tools needed.
Scope & Influence
This position reports to the Manager – Back Order Recovery (BOR) and is located in Greensboro, NC.
- Provide follow-up on KPI’s and PI’s to BOR Leadership. Analyze the impact on PI’s and KPI’s and develop proposals on mitigating actions.
- Generate and follow-up on weekly KPI Dashboards and map major root causes and drive actions to sustain or fill the gap to target KPI.
- Support BOR teams by developing necessary follow-up tools and reports.
- Support BOR teams to create and maintain weekly or monthly communication packages.
- Act as liaison between Operations and the BOR function in implementing standard reporting across the organization.
- Identify and support continuous improvement activities within BOR and be responsible for needed data mapping and analytics.
- Work with the process network and Parts Linq maintenance team to secure process development and best practice implementations.
- Create follow-up activities and reports, on own initiative and on request, within own team.
- Act according to the Volvo values.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Mathematics/Statistics, Business Administration or a related field required
- MBA/Master’s degree in business-related field strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience working with logistics in a complex global supply chain
- Holistic view and ability to grasp the full supply chain
- Broad knowledge of the logistics area
- Knowledge of where to find relevant logistics data, how to retrieve it, and how to validate the data in terms of relevance, correctness and completeness
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a global environment
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence guided by Volvo’s Values and the Code of Conduct
- As all documentation is in English, proficiency in the English language is required
- Strong problem solving, research and analytical skills
- Ability to apply and analyze large amounts of data for developing projections and estimates
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop systems-based solutions that will improve the current state
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively within a multi-cultural and international environment
- Ability to compile and present findings and possible recommendations to a diverse audience
- Ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of detailed tasks
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- Ability to develop and maintain productive business relationships
- Excellent computer skills, (Microsoft Office applications)
- Proven ability to visualize data and create Dashboards using Power BI and/or Tableau
- Strong background in Python, SQL, DAX, R
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify