Senior Payroll Officer
VGA currently has an opportunity for a seasoned Senior Payroll Officer to join our customer centric team. This role provides a true opportunity for process ownership and exposure to a diverse payroll including expats, multiple pay cycles, Awards and Enterprise Agreements (EAs). Working in a small team of payroll professionals, this role is an 8 month parental leave contract and will be based at our national head office in Wacol.
About the role:
Responsible for the completion of Payroll processing, by ensuring:-
- Timely processing of the payment of salaries (MicrOpay), movements, timesheets, leave, terminations, claims, tax, super, deductions etc. are completed accurately and on time
- Review and maintain the integrity of staff entitlements including leave accruals, salary progressions, allowances, deductions and superannuation etc
- Appropriate record keeping for audit, including income, payroll tax and super
- Reconcile and ensure accurate balances of payrolls, EOM processing, end of financial year processing and calendar year end
- Administer superannuation, Work Cover, Child Support and Centrelink payments etc.
- Assist in the review of Company policies and practices regarding wages
- Interpret Award, EAs and company policies ensuring wages payments comply with awards, arbitrated decisions and consent agreements as advised by Human Resources (HR)
- Provide payroll advice and reports to Managers, HR Business Partners and employees
- General duties include maintaining employee files, providing information to Australian Government Agencies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar multi-cycle payroll position, including white and blue collar employees
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with Micropay payroll system
- Must have a solid understanding of payroll tax, superannuation, and interpretation of EA's is a must
- Exceptional customer service delivery and strong organisation skills
- Intermediate Excel skills essential with strong attention to detail
- Exposure to a General Ledger desirable but not essential
- Experience working with a global complex payroll would be highly regarded
- Brand new Head Office with onsite cafe
- Career development with Global prospects
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Health & Wellbeing program including complimentary fresh fruit and physio consultations
- Discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Onsite free car parking.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.