Intern: Financial Planning and Analysis (Summer 2020)
The following position within Volvo Financial Services USA reports to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis Region Americas, and will be based in Greensboro, NC
Financial Planning and Analysis Intern
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the student's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The internship experience enables students to participate in professional activities with Volvo Financial Services by working on important and innovative projects. Internships are structured learning experiences where interns and our full time professionals work together on projects and allow students to integrate knowledge and skills in a manner that is mutually beneficial to the student and Volvo Financial Services.
This is a summer internship will start on or about May 18th and end in early August, at dates to be determined individually. All Volvo Group North America internships are compensated with a competitive salary.
The intern will assist with a variety of task oriented work with the Financial Planning and Analysis Team including, but not limited to improving existing processes, performing statistical analysis, and assisting in data pre-processing.
- Work with Region FP&A team to collect project business requirements.
- Interact with different departments as needed to facilitate meetings ask questions, document findings, and perform follow-ups
- Automate the reports and provide alternative solutions.
- Assist the team with the data warehouse project
- Work on Business intelligence projects and data preparation.
- Out of box thinking for business requirements with good analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to work with other business areas
- Very good knowledge in Microsoft Office Suites, PowerPoint.
- Basic knowledge on working with Oracle SQL, data visualization tools and technical knowledge would be highly suitable and preferable.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled and pursuing a 4-year degree in Finance/Business/Economics/Data Analytics at an accredited school and have at least 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- 1-2 years commerce or retail experience a plus
- Highly motivated, dynamic person who has a knack for detail, organization, patience and communication with others and is a problem solver
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Must work well within a team environment
- Excellent-time management/organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Creative thinker
- Passion for execution
- Highly analytical with desire for solving problems
- Experience in program/project management
- Negotiation and relationship building skills
Volvo Financial Services is the global financial solutions provider of the Volvo Group, supporting the Volvo Group brands with expert financial services. This includes providing customers and dealers with a full-range of offerings, such as financing, leasing, and insurance solutions. Our team of about 1,400 professionals are located in 45 countries worldwide. As a part of the Volvo Financial Services team, you will experience challenging assignments, gain international exposure, and interact with colleagues around the world in the Volvo Group.
We Participate in E-verify