ESW Application Engineer (Android) - Vehicle Connectivity
Are you the kind of person who is passionate about connectivity solutions, android systems, apps and what can happen when you merge technologies from different areas? Would you like to use your passion in the automotive industry and be part of the digital transformation leap? Would you like to work in a great team with competent and helpful colleagues?
At Vehicle Connectivity we are in the heart of this transformation, and we work with implementing end-to-end functions like Entertain the driver, Driver Coaching, ISee, Remote SW Download and Geofencing. Connectivity is a key enabler for fleet management, uptime services and advanced vehicle services like driver assistance and fuel reduction, targeting reduced costs as well as increased revenues. Our android based service and entertainment system is enabling new features in the entertainment productivity and uptime field.
The development in the area of connectivity is fast, furious and fun!
We are now looking for Software engineers to our scrum teams that can be a part of driving and develop our Entertainment and Connected Services Software teams & products into the future.
The mission & context:
- Develop and maintain our in-house developed SW (android apps such as the different branded launchers and the Dynafleet app)
- Deliver software fulfilling agreed QDCF targets
- Collaborate cross-functionally to deliver solutions according to commitments and to achieve the objectives in our roadmap.
- Ensure that the Entertainment and Connected Services SW solutions, products and projects area are developed and delivered in an optimal way
- Continuously develop the processes, methods and tools for improvement
In this role you will create an efficient and trustful day-to-day operation. You have proven experience as an android app developer. It is important that you have an innovative and creative mind-set in order to inspire and challenge your organization. You also have a true can do attitude, a strong quality focus and a personal drive to reach the objectives and targets set for your team & products, understanding how these contribute to the our vision, strategy & roadmap.
We believe this is a position for a person that has the ability to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working climate in these situations. As a person, you have a good technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong belief in agile methods. You have a strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.
The main responsibilities are:
- Secure that the software is developed in line with applicable technology strategies according to stipulated processes, methods and tools
- Participate in relevant concept selections & investigations
- Contribute in building, growing, maturing and optimize the SCRUM team
- Participate and contribute in retrospective meetings, sprint reviews, etc.
- Regular communication to cross functional teams to secure holistic delivery
- Knowledge sharing within the team
- Take an active role in moving OBT into an agile development organization
Requirements & qualifications:
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science, Electronics or equivalent engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience from android app development
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience from SW development
- Experience of agile methods, such as SCRUM, KANBAN & XP
- Understanding of excellent SW development practices e.g. XP practices Test Driven development, CI&CD, Code Review, Pair Programming, CCO, User Sorties, Storytelling etc. is meriting
- Knowledge in the Android platform and the fundamentals of Android application development and the paradigms around it
- Have an open multi-brand and multi-cultural mindset
- Have good communication skills
- Be business and customer oriented
- Have good prioritization skills and ability to eliminate roadblocks
- Experience in Jenkins, GIT, Jira, Artifactory & Python is meriting
- Experience in Web communication (REST/JSON/web sockets...) is a merit
- Experience in Cyber security, PKI, SELinux/SEAndroid is a merit
- Experience from IT development is an asset
- Experience in Android Testing Frameworks such as Espresso and Squish is a meriting
- Experience of working in Test Driven and/or Behavior Driven Development is a merit
- Experience of SW development in automotive (truck or car) industry is a merit
- Experience of SW development within the area of connected services is a merit
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.