Intern: Quality & Customer Support- Cont. Improvement (Summer 2020)
DURATION AND EXPECTED HOURS
This position will run through the summer of 2020, May-August, at 40 hrs/week.
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
The internship role provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduates’ career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. The purpose of this position is to support the Uptime Center Support team with ongoing continuous improvement and project support, to include but not limited to documentation of ongoing quality and customer initiatives; development, documentation and implementation of training programs, and business trends analysis to support customer experience initiatives.
- Lead/ Assist in departmental improvement projects
- Analyze customer data and support communication of results
- Documentation of Uptime Support processes and procedures
- Support vendor performance analysis and improvement initiatives
- Additional projects as assigned
- Advanced in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Ability to analyze and summarize information and determine best presentation method
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking in projects and program support
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in project management and documentation of processes and procedures
- Understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal communication
- Familiar with intern based search tools and capabilities
- Ability to build business process maps and project management plans
- Quick Learning Ability: Understand the Aftermarket organization and key players with guidance
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively as either a team member or independent contributor
- Customer Focus: Understand and meet the needs of the customers, and address the interests and concerns of all stakeholders.
- Flexibility: Perform a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities
- Ownership/Accountability: Take the lead in getting the job done and accept responsibility.
- Creativity/ Innovation: Reframe traditional patterns of thinking and apply new ideas, methods, designs and technologies.
- Applicants must be pursuing a Business Management, Business Analytics or Industrial Engineering curriculum (or related area of study) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship.
- Prefer a Junior, Senior or Graduate level student.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify