Global Component Responsible
More info on GTT.
Position Description: System Design Engineer
We are seeking a motivated and qualified engineer who wants a challenging career opportunity in Powertrain Engineering as Global Component Responsible for retarders.
We are looking for a result-oriented individual with problem solving focus and good ability to adapt constant changes. Business acumen, integrity and courage are characteristics that describes you very well. We are looking for a self-driven individual, someone who is positive and analytical. You need to be able to present the results in a structured and understandable way and take the ownership for the product.
Main activities will include:
- Leading technical development projects within driveline area handling its scope and deliveries, setting direction, defining and maintaining project plans, time plans and project costs
- Interfacing with a number of stakeholders (Operations, Purchasing, SW development teams, Product owners and other engineering and management teams), enabling proactive and constructive co-operation
- Actively work with documentation tools, updating product structure and technology roadmaps
- Being knowledgeable in medium/heavy duty driveline structure and documentation, becoming the person other areas will always refer to when required
- Being an active community member and contribute with process teams
- Engineering degree Mechanical or Mechatronics
- At least 3-5 years experience required within retarder development and architecture
- Fluent in English Written and Verbal
- Strong drive and energy level with courage to implement changes when needed
- Ability to create commitment and give direction as well as set and follow up clear objectives
- Communicative and with good influencing skills
- As a team member of the Driveline you are expected to enjoy working in teams as well as on your own, take responsibility, be creative and pro-active, have strong customer focus and share knowledge. You should have a drive to develop yourself as a professional and accept new challenges in our dynamic environment. An open multi-cultural mind-set is required
- To be a successful candidate, besides strong technical skills, you also need to enjoy interacting with people of different backgrounds and organizational belongings and as well you must realize the importance of customers, production, and quality requirements within product development
Maria Sahlén, Group Manager, +46 739027327
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.