Director Sales Engineering Industrial
We strongly believe that high performance comes from having fun at work, and the courage to think outside the box. Come and join us. We are both world leading and pioneers in our field.
The Volvo Penta vision is to be the world leader in sustainable power solutions. We have a history of innovation and enjoy strong market positions based on our current product and service offer. We are now in the starting blocks of developing next generation products and solutions that will be connected, electrified and automated.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an engaged leader to lead and develop our Sales Engineering team within Product Management Industrial function. In this challenge you will have a great opportunity to influence the journey ahead for the Sales Engineering function.
This position reports to the Vice President Product Management Industrial and will be part of the Product Management Industrial management team.
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT INDUSTRIAL
Product Management Industrial (PMI) aligns the organization to meet market needs of today and tomorrow in a profitable manner. PMI sets product strategies and pricing models, launches product development projects and supports all market regions in sales phases. PMI represents the voice of the customer towards other functions, for Volvo Penta to excel from design to aftermarket support.
SALES ENGINEERING INDUSTRIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coach a team of global industrial application engineers in the organization
- Support and drive sales and installation engineering projects in cooperation with market regions
- Develop and provide technical sales and installation engineering methods, tools, documentation and training for regional resources
- Represent application and installation engineering related requirements regarding market requests with in the Volvo Penta product development process
- Build and maintain Volvo Penta’s competence towards our OEM applications
- The candidate is expected to participate and lead in several applicable cross functional forums
- Support the product planning department with customer requirements and technical inputs
- Identify and develop new partnerships to offer total solutions
To have good pre requisites for this role, we believe you have experience from:
- Leadership: You have experience from leading teams and enjoy developing people
- Collaboration and networking: You have excellent relationship and interpersonal skills and realize the importance of building relationships within different parts of the organization
- Customer orientation and a business mindset
- Product knowledge (function and system integration)
- We expect you to have a University degree as the basis for your career
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
Do you have a drive to improve and challenge and at the same time always work for the best of the team?
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Hiring manager: Prabhakaran, +46 31 322 12 35
HR contact: Anna Thorén, +46 31 323 53 53
With Volvo Penta, a world-leading supplier of engines and complete drive systems for marine and industrial applications, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who works with passion, trust each other and embraces change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.