PO and Inventory Clerk
Reports to: Material Manager
The purpose of this role is to create and maintain part numbers in the system. Another key element will be to support the warehouse team on all clerical potential needs. This position will also provide database assistance to the internal customers.
- Validation and analysis of information received through the system and physically from the warehouse before entering data into the system.
- Work with the local warehouse team to improve delivery performance in the warehouse
- Expedite parts for the local warehouse and the network
- Monitor purchase order and inventory flow timelines
- Monitor warehouse label physical verification and replacement.
- Regular use of warehouse equipment (lifts, pallet jacks, etc).
- Support the warehouse safety process
- Support the distribution manager on warehouse lean processes
- Creation and maintenance of part numbers in the system
- Creation and maintenance of cross reference information in the system
- Creation and maintenance of part number supersession in the system and in the warehouse.
- Support the inventory auditors
- Maintain updated information for Buyers and Planners to be used for Database Purposes
- Provide internal support to review or adjust database information
- Monitor vendors performance and conduct follow-up
- High school degree
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or Word
- Knowledge of SAP a plus
- Accuracy in entering data into the system
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to multitask and work with a sense of urgency
- Safeguard organizational and personal information confidentially
- Respect and enforce the policies, rules and values of the company
- Foster teamwork and improved communication
- Implement processes in the department based on Prevost’s business direction
- Develop personal and professional skills
- Act as a worthy representative of Prevost.
- Teamwork: Building co-operation among individuals, departments, suppliers and facilitating the groups to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
- Ownership and Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting the responsibility for personal actions, cost and outcomes.
- Analytical skills: Recognizing patterns in data, programs, events or promotions and draw logical conclusions and make recommendations for actions to be taken
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify