Parts Sales Team Leader
A new opportunity to join our Parts Team!
- Monday to Friday 0900hrs to 1730hrs
A pivotal role in the Dealerpoint, responsible for developing and sustaining superior parts performance, ensuring exceptional customer service / relationships, increased customer satisfaction and maximising Parts sales and contribution KPI’s in line with set budgets.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities / Authorities
- To be pro-active in a selling role.
- To manage sales and profitability KPI’s in line with budgets set
- Develop and implement sales process improvements where necessary
- Deliver Customer Service Excellence and maintain / develop customer relationships locally.
- Appropriately address any training and development needs identified within the department, to improve Parts Sales Processes.
- Maintain positive relationship activity / communication between Dealerpoint and customer in order to maximise Customer Satisfaction and profitability (all departments)
- Ensure Customer orders are taken and supplied to the correct specification
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt.
- Ensure that invoices are properly and accurately raised for goods supplied
- Customer communication regarding back orders outstanding
- Ensure the accuracy of inventory stock counts.
- Maximising van delivery efficiencies in line with costs / customer expectations
- Documenting and supervising the condition of parts returned for credit including old unit cores and reporting damaged or unsuitable items.
- Ensuring procedures are properly carried out for the ordering of goods and receipt.
- Ensuring that all parts and old units returned are handled in line with all Volvo policies, CMS, TMA customer returns
- To maintain a good standard of housekeeping within the Parts department.
- Ensure that direct operating costs are controlled.
- Work in accordance with Volvo Group UK standards of health, safety, quality and environmental care.
- Any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager.
- Strong inter-personal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication.
- To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
- Flexible and positive approach to changing circumstances / priorities.
- Commercial awareness.
- Financial awareness with an understanding of the impact on profitability elements of the sales mix.
- Proactive, enthusiastic and approachable.
- Able to manage conflict in a professional manner, in line with company policy.
- Able to analyse statistical data, draw conclusions and implement actions through delegation.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships at all levels including Dealerpoint Managers, colleagues, Regional Managers, customers and suppliers.
- Able to meet deadlines using effective delegation and follow up.
- Team orientated.
The Volvo Trucks brand has been built up over decades and enjoys a solid position worldwide. It is one of the world’s best known and respected brands within the commercial vehicle industry. It is associated with the core values quality, safety and environmental care. With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. Together we move the world we want to live in and help our customers keep their promises.