Senior Front-End Developer – Volvo Group Connected Solutions
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization within Volvo Group focused on creating the services of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing telematics data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets globally.
Take a look at what we do: https://youtu.be/gh17g19EEW4
This is us, your new colleagues
Consumer Services is the function within Volvo Group Connected Solutions that is responsible for the end user services, from idea to development and operation. Together with our stakeholders and customers we create value through fantastic user experience and business enhancing services and products.
We are now looking for a senior front-end developer with a passion for technology and the willingness to develop state-of-the-art software applications.
As a person you are a team player with a positive mind-set and you know the various challenges of application development. We believe a customer oriented attitude is in your nature, you love quality, allow yourself to be inspired, have a “can do” attitude and take pride in your work.
- Be an advisor in the concept development and drive the concepts to become world leading within the domain.
- Provide technical expertise for other stakeholders during staffing process
- Create good practices and improvements of Agile Software Configuration Management methods, tools and guidelines
- “Go-To” person for frontend development globally
- Expert in setting up the application lifecycle in global environments
- Mentor and coach Application Developer Specialist ITs at global level
- Participate in architecture discussions and provide input
- Contribute to relevant global Connected Solutions communities and bodies
Your personality is your major reason for success, but we think you have:
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar education
- Experience of React, GraphQL, REST
- Experience in both front- & back-end is a bonus
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
We are a team on a journey, creating great results through awesome people, strong relationships and a high performance culture. We aim high; having a passion for people and making our customers succeed. We want to set a new standard for user experience, speed to market and customer value. We are using the latest technologies delivering a very modern micro service based service platform hosted in the cloud. Of course we use agile methods and as we are adopting the DevOps model your work will cover a broad spectrum all the way from developing prototypes of future world class applications to managing the lifecycle of the existing ones.
Being based in Lindholmen Science Park, you will work in the heart of a vibrant area that lives and breathes new technology like IoT, autonomous driving, electromobility and digitalization. Here the development is massive, new buildings and companies are popping up almost daily!
Welcome to the heart of connectivity at Volvo Group Connected Solutions!
For more information please contact:
Ted Wennerström, Manager/Product Owner Tracking & Status, +46 765 536615
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000 Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!