Vice President Market Companies - IPS Purchasing
- Manage the overall suppliers’ relationship and their involvement in project activities
- Drive and implement the segment strategies and manage suppliers’ selection/relationship/partnership and negotiation
- Manage cross-functional interactions with stakeholders (GTT, GTO, VTC, RT, VBC, Penta, VGRE, etc.), appoint supplier hosts within your area and ensure that the Sourcing Cases (with all the available data) are ready for Sourcing Committee and/or Sourcing Board
- Ensure collaboration with the other managers within the respective segment(s)
- University degree in Engineering/technology and/or Business Administration
- Recognized business acumen
- A strong understanding of business challenges in a global environment and preferably a good understanding of the Volvo Group Business
- Experience in Purchasing and in Sales
- Knowledge in current and future business trends, technology and markets
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta. We aim at being the most admired employer in the industry by attracting and engaging the best people.
Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing has 125 BSEK in purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. We deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers through scouting and working with high performing supply chain partners.
We support Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ through sustainability, business ethics and innovation. When you join Volvo Group Trucks Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,400 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. Joining us means working in a global context with people from diverse backgrounds and different nationalities while contributing to the core business and results of Volvo Group.
Diversity is important for us, we therefore put a lot of time and effort into creating an open and inclusive environment for all. We are extremely proud to say that we are almost as many females as men in our team. We are goal oriented and business focused people who believe that the best results are achieved while having fun and when we challenge each other. We offer unique opportunities where you can accelerate your career through competence development and connect with people who are truly passionate for purchasing. Join us and work where the action is!