Embedded Software Application Engineer
We are Driver Interface Systems and Functions (DISF) team at Volvo Group India in Bangalore. DISF is part of global Embedded Software Architecture. We are a group delivering cutting edge technology solutions in the area of driver interface and infotainment. We are looking out for an embedded software application engineer to work with our range of products supporting local and global product ranges.
The Embedded Software Application Engineer will be responsible for
- Must exhibit flexibility and willingness to work as a embedded application developer/HMI developer or a verification engineer (This is not just testing, its verification engineering)
- Automation as a key should be the way of thinking to enhance our delivery quality and time.
- Deliver the Driver Interface features/Functions making use of expertise on Embedded SW for Automotive electronics.
- Develop good understanding of vehicle functions and involve in concept studies.
- Decomposition of DISF requirements to software design and/or HMI implementation.
- Realize complex requirements in to embedded software function or a HMI graphical design
- Integrate DISF functions on the platform and verify the functionalities.
- Deliver the functions to add value to organization through in-time deliveries and facilitate quick time to market of our trucks
- M.sc/M.Tech/B.Tech/B.E. in Electronics/Electrical engineering, or similar.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Embedded software domain preferably Automotive (We do support embedded engineers who are willing to switch domains)
- Knowledge of advanced Embedded SW development. Expertise in C concepts and basic embedded essentials
- Essential knowledge on communication protocols mainly CAN/LIN.
- Knowledge in SW design principles and patterns.
- Good Knowledge on Microcontrollers and Microprocessors.
- Good working knowledge in C++ Programming on embedded systems.
- Knowledge on HMI design for display based devices is an advantage.
- Knowledge on working with CANoe/CANAlyzer/CAPL scripting is an added advantage
- Knowledge on Python is a big plus
- Knowledge in AUTOSAR SW platform is added advantage.
- Good communication skill in English, both written and spoken.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Systematic, analytic, pro-active and open minded.
- Enjoy working in teams as well as on your own - take responsibility, be creative and innovative, be generous and share knowledge.
- Open multi-cultural mind-set
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.