Project Business Controller
Volvo Group Australia is part of the global organisation Volvo Group consisting over 100,000 employees. Our reliability is renowned, and is underpinned by our core values – customer success, change, performance, trust and passion. We bring each one to life in everything we do.
Volvo Group Australia has a fantastic opportunity for a proactive Project Controller, to join our Business Control team within the International Manufacturing Plant. Integral to our business, the Project Controller will contribute to our success by partnering with the Volvo Group Master Plan project to ensure all strategic objectives are delivered and to secure the financial targets of the project. This role is offered on a 2 year maximum term contract.
The Volvo Group Master Plan project is an exciting opportunity to redevelop the way of working at Volvo Group to secure the long term future of the business in Australia while improving customer satisfaction and reducing order lead times.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses the production of state-of-the-art products for the truck brands of the Volvo Group, through an international world class industrial environment. With Volvo Group Trucks Operations, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
About the role
This is a vital role, which will suit someone looking to take the next step in their career to join an energetic and motivated team. In this role you will:
- Support Wacol Masterplan Project providing detailed analysis and tight financial controls
- Ensure the integrity and quality of the project deliverables
- Ensure good management of commercial risk and policies relating to the project
- Partner with the project manager to deliver presentations and reports to key stakeholders in Australia and Globally
- Undertake assessment of financial risk in the project portfolio
- Evaluate and update the Business Case Model on all project scopes of work, project schedules and project benefits
- Lead cost variance analysis and schedule against baseline values
- Monitor and report on key performance indicators
- Lead the overall investment process and related activities for the project, including driving the plan and review of investment requests
- Proactively build and promote strong employee trust and open communication with all key stakeholders
- Support Lean and Volvo Production System activities by actively supporting problem solving, idea generation, implementation and long term development
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance, economics or business
- Experience managing financial controls within a project environment
- High level of integrity, reliability and practicality
- Advanced analytical and methodical skills with a focus on development
- Able to build trust and strong working relationships at all levels
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- A team player with a flexible approach
- Highly organised, with strong interpersonal and multi-cultural communication skills
- Able to work successfully in a global matrix organisation
If you have the passion and enthusiasm to take on your next career challenge with a growing organisation, send in your application.
Please upload your cover letter and resume using the link below, to be considered for the role.
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Career development with Global prospects.
- Above statutory superannuation payments.
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave.
- Service recognition.
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of retailers.
- Supportive and friendly team culture focused on quality and service.
- A strong commitment to safety.
- A dedicated health and wellbeing program.
- Discounted Private Health Insurance and Dental.
- Workplace Giving Program.
- Free parking.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.