VIE - Continental Material Planner H/F
Service Market Logistics is part of Group Trucks Operations. We have 5300 employees on more than 60 locations world-wide. Our job is to design, handle and optimize the supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and for selected customers within the automotive industry. The scope for Logistics Services includes making sure that material is transported to the production facilities, that packaging is available, that vehicles are distributed to the dealers, and that management of material, warehouses and distribution ensures the availability of parts everywhere in the world. We make sure all logistics services are delivered with world class operational excellence
Supply Planning is a part of DIM, Supply planning & SRM organization within GTO Service Market Logistics and we are responsible for the planned distribution of aftermarket products, from supplier to dealer
The Continental Material Planner (CMP) have a continental responsibility for a portfolio of suppliers delivering to the central warehouses in Gent and Lyon. The CMP has the overall responsibility of the relationship with the supplier of an assortment. The work is done in close cooperation with the Truck brands and other BA:s, GTT, GTP Purchasing, Demand/Inventory planning and the suppliers.
We offer you a position where you will get an excellent opportunity to build a broad international network both internally and externally.
- Parts availability at central warehouses
- Supplier delivery performance
- Backorder recovery
- Supplier development
- Escalation of suppliers
- Participate in MMOG/LE assessments
- Responsible for executing and actively participate in improving the material planning process for RT, VT, VB, Penta and VCE
- Continuous improvement of the operations.
- University degree 3-5 years preferably in Logistics/Supply Chain management
- Good knowledge in the complete supply chain from Customer to Supplier
- Experience in stock management systems, SAP preferred.
- OD/VPS/Problem Solving Methodology experience
- Good knowledge in MS Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- English, fluently spoken and written. Additional languages are considered as a merit
- Action driven and efficient with a great personal drive.
- You are not afraid to pick up the phone and challenge suppliers and other stakeholders and like to work towards set targets in an international environment
A stimulating work environment, recognition at work, professional growth, motivation, management, fun ... The Volvo Group is the 5th on the ranking HappyTrainees 2020!
94% of young people recommend the Volvo group for an internship, an apprentice contract or a VIE, and we are particularly proud of this!
And 95% of graduation success reinforces our motivation to welcome you.
If you want to be part of our Happy Trainees, apply!
Not convinced yet ? Check out these videos presenting the beautiful city of Ghent :
Top 5 things to do in Ghent : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wAs82oUWCI
Portraits of Ghent (3:47min) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwjEVQN91Wg
Ghent in 4:22 min https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHEIv962mHc
Ghent plant : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLwdq-1EE_A
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.