Automotive Body Engineer - Cab BiW
Volvo Trucks North America has an opening for a Cab Body Engineer.
This is a unique opportunity to join a world class team of automotive engineers developing the toughest, highest quality and safest truck cabs.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Our team develops transport solutions for worldwide applications. You'll be joining the Cab Body team at Volvo Global Group Technologies. We are responsible for cab Body In White (BiW), composite sleeper roofs, doors, hardware and vehicle glazing for class-8 Heavy Trucks. We have engineering offices in Greensboro, Sweden, France, India and Brazil. There are opportunities for international travel and collaboration.
We do feasibility studies, supporting our studio engineers to develop exterior styling. We engineer structures, working with our analysis team who simulate crash, endurance, Noise Vibration and Harshness and aerodynamics. We work with our manufacturing engineers to ensure efficient production.
Together we support Volvo, Mack, Eicher and Renault brands.
- You will plan, develop and deliver challenging engineering projects. You'll be working internationally with partners and suppliers, liaising with Volvo global experts.
- You will take component ownership and develop solutions. You'll perform a wide range of tasks including idea conception, component development in CAD (Catia), document engineering solutions, review and respond to aerodynamic, endurance and crash simulations, support prototype builds, write test requests and support production launch.
- You'll be responsible to assure compliance with applicable vehicle regulations, relating to your area of ownership, supported by our technical experts.
You are an energetic, determined, creative engineer, who wants to drive change and make an impact. Candidates should be able to make fact-based decisions, be action oriented, and be a good communicator. You should be able to plan your own activities and lead teams to deliver solutions.
You should take pride in your work and be passionate about developing world class products that delight our customers and keep them safe.
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Candidates should have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Master’s Degree preferred
- At least 1-3 years’ experience, ideally in automotive design and engineering, particularly BiW, Interior or Exterior Trim
- Prior experience with CAD modelling, preferably using CATIA v5, is preferred
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify