Senior Engineer Coolant Pipes and Hoses
GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore is looking for an energetic and skilled candidate to work in the Powertrain installation area. If you are looking for the diversified experience by working across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Powertrain installation group gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
- As a senior engineer, you will be responsible for defining, developing the components & proving the installation meets the component and system requirements. In your work, there will be frequent contacts with other departments within Volvo.
- You will have your own fields of responsibilities while working with cross functional team & peers in other teams. You will be responsible to interface with other stake holders such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Aftermarket.
- You will be involved in design and development of pipes and hoses, clamps related to cooling system. Additional responsibilities on and air intake pipes and ducts may be added based on the project needs.
- You will have to deliver design solutions and DFMEA along with other quality tools to ensure the solutions are robust and capture the cross functional inputs
- You shall also follow and evolve continuously the best practices related to design and installation of components and share the same with local teams and global engineering community.
- There will be opportunity to work with start cost (New product development) projects and Maintenance projects. You will also manage global delegations and support the global teams with our expertise in these areas.
- Since we work in a very global setup and with cross functional teams, there are good opportunities for personal development within this position.
- At our level, you will also be managing the work and hold the delivery responsibility for an extended team working with you. You shall be also involved in developing the new members in the team in the defined areas.
- Depending on the applicant profile, additional responsibilities could be added on advanced engineering activities, simulations and performance related tasks.
- Experience in handling new product development and maintenance projects.
- In depth knowledge of the product development life cycle and change management activities for maintenance are required for this role.
- Developing robust time plans for the components according the development and validation needs.
- Experience in the powertrain installation areas and understanding for the engine / transmission cooling requirements.
- Experience in design of Pipes and Hoses, Clamping, materials and the manufacturing methods.
- Experience in developing DFMEA and other quality tools.
- Leading tasks independently, good planning and monitoring skills.
- Working experience in PDM and PLM.
- Engineering degree with strong fundamentals and good analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Creo surface modelling, Creo Piping and PDM tool is mandatory.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills with good verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment.
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities.
- Ability to plan and manage the work with other team members.
- You must be someone who is a natural team player and interested in customer needs.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.