Lead Engineer - Pneumatic system and components
GTT (Group Truck Technology), Chassis Bangalore team is looking for an energetic and skilled aspirant to work in the pneumatic system and components as LEAD ENGINEER. If you are looking for a diversified experience by working across different cultures and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, THIS is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
THIS IS the US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for conceptualizing, designing, developing and delivering the projects in the brake system and installation area. Our objective as Brake System and Vehicle Control team at Volvo is to develop and deliver a robust solution ensuring the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer requirements. CUSTOMER SUCCESS IS OUR CORE VALUE. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products. All over the world. Every day.
Being part of Brake System and Vehicle Control gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology.
You'll have a chance to get hands-on experience with Volvo Group brand products such as VOLVO, Renault, MACK, and UD. This is your chance to join one of the Top Employer companies in India and embrace new career challenges within the automotive industry
This position will report to the Group Manager for Brake System and Vehicle Control in Chassis Engineering Bangalore.
- Lead, drive and execute pneumatic system and components design engineering activities as a part of the technology team.
- Have operational responsibility for a component, system and sub-module delivery
- Provide input in Air Management Systems Product and System Roadmap
- Drive the development from research/early phases of development to product maintenance and apply for patents on innovative areas.
- Front-load work to ensure robust early-stage releases and stable late-stage releases
- Ensure new designs fulfill business targets, requirements and Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Feature targets
- Have on a holistic view on deliverables from other interfaces to secure quality & readiness before release.
- Manage area of responsibility by learning and applying applicable tools
- Manage networking across the organization, as well as influencing the work in other sites
- Lead supplier relationships, prior supplier selection, during development following projects requirements and in maintenance phases
- Participate to supplier selection in collaboration with GTP
- Collaborate with all Volvo Engineering sites to ensure efficient installations of parts and systems
- Create or update CAD Models, Part Drawings, and Installation Drawings with CREO-Parametric
- Document design change notices and structural components in the PDM system
- Develop modular systems and components to optimize part diversity
- Ensure component durability by requesting analysis and/or physical verification
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality readiness before release
- Develop and share acquired competence (e.g. training) and provide technical advice
- Manage, mentor and guide the team deliveries as a part of engineering leadership.
- Contributes to innovations or technologies that are regarded as important advances in the field.
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Multicultural mindset and global approach
- Ability to work with different cultures on a wide range of vehicle products
- Management of global suppliers
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- 12+ years of product development experience in the automotive industry, preferably in trucks development
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in pneumatic components and system is a must
- Project management experience is a merit
- Previous leadership experience is a merit
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge of complete Braking Systems and Pneumatics is highly preferred
- Knowledge of braking-related legal requirements will be added advantage
- Strong in engineering fundamentals
- Knowledge in the regulations-driven design and in the Verification and Validation of pneumatic components.
- Knowledge of DFMEA/SFMEA and other quality tools
- Hands-on experience in CREO tool
- Knowledge of product development cycle (DVP).
- Comprehensive knowledge of SAFe Agile Way of Working and mindset is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO standard 26262, Functional Safety for development of Safety Functions is also a plus
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Professional challenges and increasing business knowledge
- Defined career path
- Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
We work together with energy, passion, and respect for the individual!.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.