Simulation or Software Engineer- Volvo Construction Equipment
We are looking for a simulation or software engineer who has the drive and passion to contribute to our transformation into the technology shift that we are facing in terms of automation, electrification and connectivity. This shift requires new ways of working with increased utilization of models and simulations
Volvo Construction Equipment is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of construction machinery but we don’t only have great industry-leading products; we also listen to our employees and encourage them to try new ways to find innovative solutions. If you thrive in developing the future and want to be a part of a team where everyone is accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping for you to join our team.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Here you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals.
We believe in Trust - We respect and trust each other
Passion - We have passion for what we do
Change - We change to stay ahead
Performance - We are profitable and can shape our future
Customer success - We make our customers win!
Our work climate is open and supportive, and we put much emphasis on a good work environment and collaboration both within departments as well as cross-functionally.
As a simulation or software engineer you will be part of the new way of working with increased utilization of models and simulations that will replace the old way of exploring and verifying design solutions. You will be part of a strong team specialized in virtual product development or software development and have strong connection to the system modelling. To succeed in this position, it is important that you understand our integrated development process.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform computer simulations of systems and machines
- Perform signal processing and data analytics
- Contribute to the department’s vision in terms of Culture/Mindset, Competence and Methods development, Digital Twins and Data Analytics
- Plan and coordinate activities to improve current processes that often involves cross-functional collaboration
We believe it is the right mindset and attitude that will make a difference within our organization.
We think that you:
- Are positive, flexible and a great team player
- Have high technical skills and like to be involved and influence the technical solutions
- Well proven communication and collaboration skills
- Master creativity and innovative thinking
- Are self-motivated and able to manage time
- Are eager to grow your skills and share this with your colleagues
To be successful in your new role we believe you have the following knowledge or experience:
- M.Sc. or PhD degree in mechanical, construction, engineering physics, electrical or equivalent.
- Great communication skills in Swedish and English, spoken and written.
- Experience from simulations or software engineering in product development
- Interest in computer programming
You will have big impact on to what extent Volvo will be successful in the on-going technology shift, both in terms of the functionality of the machines and how we develop these machines. You will work in an environment with very good developmental opportunities.
Welcome with your application!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Per-Olof Danielsson, Manager Virtual Product Development, +46 70 089 7603
Magdalena Hallbrandt, Manager Software Systems Articulated Haulers, +46 70 089 7764
Jesper Alvarsson, Akademikerna, +46 (0)470 38 77 43
Johan Ask, Unionen, +46 (0)470 38 75 03
Thomas Gustafsson, Ledarna, +46 (0)470 38 76 37
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.