Vehicle Manufacturing Engineer
Vehicle Manufacturing Engineer (known internally as Technical Preparation Engineer, or TPE) in Chassis, Final Assembly Conventional range – Quality and Engineering, Group Trucks Operations.
The position holder will be responsible for a module within Chassis, Final Assembly Conventional (CFA CONV) for all products being developed for one Group Trucks Operations (GTO) region and will be the main interface towards Chassis and Vehicle Dynamics product engineering division in that same region. The position holder will report locally to the CFA CONV Mechanical Engineering manager and functionally within the Chassis commodity in Chassis Competence Area.
The mission of a TPE is to deliver a product that is secured & aligned with Volvo Production System and Future Factory Concept. The TPE will establish clear and commonly shared product requirements for one’s dedicated area of responsibility.
- Acts as Liaison between Engineering and the production facilities insuring that manufacturing requirements are implemented into new product designs
- Review, participate in, insure production readiness, and co-ordinate implementation of new designs and changes into the manufacturing facilities
- Participate on manufacturing teams on a global basis
- Assures manufacturability, increased quality and productivity of all new designs within area of assignment: Emphasis is placed on accuracy; accountability/ownership; adherence to formal internal and external standards, procedures and processes; and accurate, acceptable documentation and report writing
- Serves in a resource or support capacity for more complex assignments
- Coordinates and performs less complex manufacturing engineering tasks that support the mission of the unit, department and/or assembly facilities
- Requires the ability to interpret the principles, theories and concepts of a specialized area or assignment
- Serves as full-performance manufacturing engineer in assigned areas with limited responsibility requiring ingenuity or originality
- Assures compliance with all applicable manufacturing policies and procedures (Ergonomics, 6 Sigma, Packaging, Logistics, Standards, 5S, etc.) relating to his/her area of responsibility
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Attention to Detail: Monitoring adherence to standards and actively checking for accuracy of data received or generated before passing it on
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback no defensively
- Dependability/Reliability: Following through on commitments, producing timely work to required -- or higher -- standards, pitching in to get the job done
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Ownership/Accountability: Accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs, and results
- Problem-Solving/Decision-Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Quality Advocate: Strive for the continuous improvement of all operational and business practices
- Degree in Engineering with, generally, experience equivalent to 2 or more years of progressive automotive experience
- OR a minimum of 8 years of applicable progressive automotive experience without educational requirements
- Knowledge of Volvo Manufacturing/Engineering Systems (SPRINT, KOLA, ORF, DIS)
- Knowledge of Volvo product/manufacturing
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge and Techniques
- Capacity to work with technical drawings and conceptualize manufacturing solutions
- Knowledge of productivity improvement tools and methods
Preferable location is at Greensboro, NC. Lehigh Valley, PA and Dublin, VA could be possibilities.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify