Senior System verification engineer
This position is in our Electrical & Electronics department for Build Measure Learn Technology group. This position is responsible to maintain, develop specification, test, document and release the component with the objective to meet requirements of the ECU within cost, time and quality parameters of Volvo GTT.
This position is also part of the responsible for the product roadmap for the component in consultation
Manage the resource plan for the ECU to achieve the product features in terms of
2. QJs and Protus as per the goals set.
Provide the yearly effort based on the requests from global sites to the Group Leader for Maintenance, Development of the ECU
Testing ECUs and electronic network of a truck –
- Create the strategy of Testing (Verification/Validation/Simulation).
- Create a test plan to make sure that the system can be verified for all the functionalities.
- Perform and drive the testing with product knowledge as the test base & with end user usage as the perspective
- Plan the tools and consultants to execute the testing activity.
- Find the ways to optimize and automate the testing stream
- Find innovative methods to get the best results and also to automate areas where regression testing is needed.
- Determine type and methods of tests and execution of test cases to derive the best results. Get the team to execute the test cases on the electronic network/ECU/Component, review the test data in order to verify the safety and control features of the truck.
Gathering test requirements for ECUs from Volvo AB –
- Get information on the next release of software’s for ECUs, identify testing requirements, hours and costs planned, resources needed for testing etc. in order to plan for the timely validation of the ECU.
- Participate in Functional reviews to make sure that the functionalities defined are testable and a suitable test strategy can be identified.
- Participate in the Product roadmap discussion to decide on the verification roadmap for the component, ECU, Subsystem.
- Responsible for test reports generated by the test team and product quality.
- Resource planning for the ECU/Component/ Subsystem/ System Testing activity based on the product/ complexity in terms of Engineer, skills and test rig. Assist in resource plan for efficient utilization of the skills/ resources in project.
- Responsible for representing BLR in global forum to secure activities for BLR by showcasing the capabilities. Responsible for networking with Global sites to arrive at a common strategy for verification and validation in different areas, Scripting, Modeling, Automating, Rig building etc.,
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech (Electrical or Electronics and Communication)/M with Minimum 6 years of experience in testing of electronic controls in automobile industry
- Good exposure to Automotive engineering knowledge
- Good Knowledge of Release Management Software
- Good understanding and hands on Automation techniques and relevant tools in testing domainExcellent Knowledge of software tools on testing (J1939, CAN, LIN etc.)
- Good Communication, Project management, Problem solving and analysis skills
- Exposure to ECU and electrical network testing skills
For further information please contact, Shib Saha, email@example.com
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.