Project & Commodity Buyer in Cab Exterior Plastics Team
The European CAB Purchasing team is part of the Volvo Group Truck Purchasing Organization. This Buyer position is in the CAB Exterior Plastics team and our mission is to select and develop a global or a regional supplier base to create synergies and to achieve sustainable competitive advantages within the Cab exterior Plastics segments. We challenge our suppliers to improve the value chain on costs, quality, and delivery performance for all production parts to be used on our trucks.
Volvo Group and Group Trucks Purchasing aims to be the most admired employer in our industry by attracting and retaining the best people in order to create and build a world-class purchasing team.
As a Project & Commodity Buyer of Exterior Plastics, you will be accountable for the projects deliveries of strategic and ambitious product evolutions of the cab exterior plastics area. You will as well be accountable for the QDCFTSR of the supplier base on your segments. You will be responsible to make sure that the exterior plastics segment strategy is implemented through the selection of the right suppliers. and by continuously securing supplier QDCFTSR performance by using the tools and purchasing/cross functional network during production and after production for Revenue segments.
QDCFTSR: Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability and Risk Management
- Contribute to segment business plan thanks to collaboration with the Segment Leader & be an active member in the global Project & Commodity network
- lead the supplier selection process in Projects and secure that supplier selection complies to the Project Targets/Budget (Sourcing deadline, tooling/SIPD cost,…)
- Drive negotiations to ensure an optimal cost level for areas of responsibility and carry out contract negotiations and management to defined project timelines and approved sourcing strategies
- Secure cost performance in projects. Challenge, Negotiate and Report changes (concept selection, product modifications,…) before and after contract signature and ensure fulfillment of project targets. Keep close collaboration with Cost engineer and Product Cost Controller
- Manage parts and orders in project phase and ensure a timely part transfer in the system to the Commodity Buyer
- Ensure deliverables from suppliers and internal stakeholders in order to fulfill quality plan activities performed in cooperation with quality engineer
- Ensure that the supplier is prepared for production, including capacity and all needed system updates (Parma codes, EDI connection etc.)
- Manage project performance reviews with suppliers and stakeholders and provide input to the Commodity Buyer
- Monitor market and technology developments in respective commodity and address changes through the strategies
- Collaborate with global counterparts and internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature, Technology, Sustainability, Risk management
- Drive negotiation in order to find extra cost savings (on top of price agreements) by using your owns skills and Purchasing tool box
- Use Volvo Production System (VPS) toolbox to drive efficiency across the supply chain
- Execute agreements with suppliers during production and after production for Revenue segments
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks in cooperation with SQ&D team
- Forecast cost evolution for scope of responsibility
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes during production phase, and after production phase for Revenue segments
- Perform daily purchasing activities related to production orders, logistics and financial flows to the suppliers
As a person we believe that you have a business oriented mindset with both a financial and technical understanding. You enjoy the challenge of having contact with experienced and skilled suppliers and you also possess strong communication and networking skills. In addition to this you enjoy driving your own work and taking initiatives, with a team player attitude.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master), preferably in engineering or business
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Multicultural experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Creative and solution-oriented mindset
- Positive mindset and team player
- Business Acumen
- Negotiation skills
- Learning on the fly
- Self-driven and autonomous
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with counterparts
- Analytical skills
- Willingness to learn from others and share best practices
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.