Order Support & Tools Development Engineer
Tired of having a lot of good ideas but not the power to change? At Volvo Group we don’t only have great coffee; we also listen to our employees and encourage them to try new to ways to find innovative solutions. If you thrive in leading change and you are able to contribute to a climate of cross functional teamwork where everyone are accountable and proud of the products and solutions, then we are hoping you to join our team.
Volvo Buses designs, sells and support state of the art buses and coaches, to demanding customers globally. With complex products, and fairly small volumes, the demand for customizing is high.
The Sales to Order Process, Tool and Price Support group is a handful of people doing our utmost to support Volvo Buses’ market organization in Europe in general, and our sales representatives in particular, with various sales tools: CRM tools and tools to Configure, Price and Quote our products and services to the customers.
We work with colleagues at Product Development, CA Design and Finance in VPI, Product Development and Global Marketing in Gothenburg, and Sales Engineers and Sales Representatives all over Europe.
Your role is to maintain and develop various tools used to plan potential orders (quotations), support order placing and order management. Excel is used a lot, and the tools often takes data from one Excel solution to another, or from or to iSeries systems.
Maintenance consists of recurring updating of databases, as well as adapting existing the tools functionality to new conditions. Development means development and enhancement of tools and functions to exploit new possibilities or support additional demands.
In order to fulfil these tasks, you gather and structure information and requirements from users, as well as train (new) users in (new) tools and faunctions.
WHO ARE YOU?
You love working in MS Office environment and faced with a repetitive task your spine reaction is ”Alt+F11”. You have documented skills in .NET and understand the joke: ”A man walks into a bar and sees two tables. Says 'Can I join you?”
You are fluent in English in both speaking and writing and you love the challenge to understand colleagues from other countries and with other responsibilities. You are structured and meticulous, a lost slot costs a lot of money, as do rebuilding incorrect orders. You avoid stress by planning ahead.
• Good computer skills in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA)
• Good programming skills (VB6, .NET, SQL)
• Good oral and written communication skills in English
• Usage of quality tools: e.g. 8D and 5 Why?
• Support in creation and implementation of new procedures and processes
• Ability to share knowledge with others
• Proven networking skills
• Drive for results and good problem solving
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Proactive, self-driven, organizational skills
In return we offer:
• Professional challenges and increasing of business knowledge
• Employment contract
• Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
What makes us special?
• Collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture
• Responsible and challenging tasks with access to the latest tools and technology
• Frequent international contacts and occasional international travelling
• Comprehensive introduction training package with mentor’s support
Come join us and we will gladly give you more information about the role and how we can help each other on our future journey!
Volvo Buses is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electro-mobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.