Commodity Buyer Transmission Components
The Commodity Buyer for Transmission components is a key position within the Transmission Purchasing team. Volvo owns its design, supply chain and manufacturing for its transmissions. As a Commodity Buyer for these components, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of this transmission plateform.
You will be responsible for a challenging portfolio, manage the supplier relationship, the portfolio continuous improvement & performance. You will contribute to segment strategies and collaborate very closely with your crossfunctional stakeholder.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Transmission Purchasing team is a multicultural team located both in Sweden and France. We are passionate with what we do and ready to welcome our new team member!
- Support segment strategies
- Manage suppliers & the relationship to deliver the business plan
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets
- Be an active member in the global network of commodity buyers
- Negotiate and execute agreements with suppliers
- Drive supply chain delivery and optimization
- Monitor, identify and mitigate risks. Manage crisis situations
- Manage and negotiate product/processes changes
- Drive all relevant activities to deliver on QDCFTSR targets during production phase and after production phase for Revenue Parts
- Forecast cost evolution for the scope of responsibility
- University degree, preferably in engineering or business
- Several years in purchasing, preferably in automotive
- Good communication skills, fluent English (spoken and written) is a must
- Business acumen and good negotiation skills
- Self-driving and work independently
- Motivated by change management and ability to drive change
- Team player
- Business acumen is key
- We would like to welcome you to our team where positive attitude, perseverance and focus on continuous improvement are a must.
- We believe you are a supportive team player and are comfortable working with different cultures, people and also cross functionally.
- The ability to take ownership of various tasks is necessary and problem solving skills in combination with analytical mindset is a must.
- We can offer you a very dynamic, interesting and challenging job where you will be able to personally grow and develop your skills.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.