Performance & Calibration Engineer
Who we are?
We are an agile team of ten players with complementary skills enabling us to develop our product from system design, software implementation and calibration to verification of our features in the end products. We all share the same passion for technology and engineering. Here, we develop our software internally!
Our scope is the complete powertrain:
- We develop system functions which manage the engine torque/speed. The main features delivered are about drivability and fuel efficiency for truck, bus and machine brands within the Volvo Group.
- We are also in charge of optimizing the complete powertrain for the Medium Duty range considering conventional as well as hybrid and fully electrified powertrain. Energy efficiency is then a key aspect to consider.
What we believe in?
- Enthusiasm: we bring a sense of enthusiasm to everything we do. We embrace challenges, we ‘bite off more than we can chew’, we commit ourselves to big goals and celebrate when we achieve them.
- Team spirit: We believe that passion, trust and teamwork can make a huge difference. We work together and, because we do, we succeed together, too. It’s all about people.
- Excellence: we don’t aim for perfection but we always strive for excellence. Whether designing a SW strategy, or calibrating it, we target to achieve the world-class performance worthy of a world-class company. To develop a good product you need to use the product. Be ready to be on truck!
In all phases of the product life: from Advanced Engineering, Industrial development to Maintenance, you will:
Act as a Performance & Calibration Engineer:
- Calibrate strategies considering the best fuel economy vs drivability balance.
- Perform test on vehicles to get confidence in your calibration.
- Use simulation as much as you can for pre-calibration.
- Deliver your calibration files with the associated test results.
Act as a Function Owner for a set of our functions:
- Identify improvement for your functions and make it happen.
- Capture knowledge in the calibration guidelines.
- Share knowledge with other sites, Sweden, USA, India, Japan and Brazil.
- Be part of the agile team:
- Be ready to help your teammates in a little bit of everything.
- Come with ideas. We value people liking our product and willing to propose good improvements for our customers.
Mechatronics, or Physics, or Electronics, or Combustion Engine or Mechanical engineering.
We value all applications: ATAM and white collar.
SW strategy calibration.
Vehicle dynamics knowledge.
Vehicle/Powertrain Ctrl functions knowledge is a plus (Cruise Ctrl, Acceleration Limiter, Stop & Start, Torque distribution, Pedal management, …).
Experience: more than 5 years of experience in the automotive.
Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
Open minded and quick learner.
C driving license is a must. CE is a plus.
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.